Author Topic: Wet type macular degeneration in acoustic neuroma surgery affected eye  (Read 3436 times)

Nole

My right eye was very much affected by my acoustic neuroma surgery years ago and I have had macular degeneration in both eyes for many years but it's been the dry (ok) kind. Just one month ago on a routine visit I was diagnosed with the wet kind of macular in the bad eye. I had an injection in that eye the day of the diagnosis and just yesterday (one month later) I got the second injection. Wow, it hurts. Has anyone experienced this before?

nftwoed

Hello;

I've never heard of Macular Degeneration associated with AN. I though it was a stand alone disease? Maybe there's someone here who can find a connection.
   By "bad eye", do you mean the side with the AN surgery? Did you ever have anther MRI after surgery?

Kathleen_Mc

I have never heard of the two being connected, doesn't mean it isn't.
A friend of mine went thugh the injections to the eye, both eyes for him, I understand it's very painful. Fingers crossed it is helpful for you
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)