Author Topic: Pain 6 months after BAHA surgery  (Read 3001 times)

susierg

Pain 6 months after BAHA surgery
« on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:37 am »
Good Morning everyon,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced pain around the abutment site for as long as six months?  My BAHA surgery was in 12/2012 and I am still experiencing pain around the site.  My husband has looked at it and says it is a little red, but overall looks good.  Just didn't think that the site would still be painful after this long.  It's mainly when I'm laying down on that side or when I go to the hairdresser and she washed my hair....when she touches that spot I about come out of the chair.  Gonna give my ENT a shout about it, but just thought I would check to see if anyone else had experienced this.
4mm AN diagnosed 8/2007.  Watch and wait for 5 years.  5/2012 grew to 7x4x4.
Mid Fossa 7/2012 at MD Anderson, Houston,Tx
SSD but still hoping it will return.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Re: Pain 6 months after BAHA surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:13:42 am »
I had some minor pain off and on for about a year. Turned out they used some inside stitches, and they were working their way out. Redness is usually a sign of infection, so get it looked at. By the  way, when all the stitches were gone, there was no more pain. I have had my BAHA 3+ years, and would do it all over again.

James

susierg

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »
Thanks James.....I was putting polysporen around the site the other night on instructions from my ENT and I felt something sticking out....maybe its stiches...not sure.  Gonna message my ENT again and see if that is possible.  They told me my stitches would disolve, but maybe a possibility.

Thanks for the info!!
4mm AN diagnosed 8/2007.  Watch and wait for 5 years.  5/2012 grew to 7x4x4.
Mid Fossa 7/2012 at MD Anderson, Houston,Tx
SSD but still hoping it will return.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:45:42 pm »
I pulled a stitch out about 2 years after my surgery.