Author Topic: Signs of regrowth?  (Read 3776 times)

Stina44

Signs of regrowth?
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:46:08 am »
The last few days i have been in quite a bit of pain. Usually i am is continuous pain with spikes that come in the form of sharp stabbing pains. But the last few days my level of constant pain has gone from a 3 on my pain scale(average persons 6ish) to a 5. The pain has been mostly in the area where my tumor was taken out, normally the pain is throughout my head. I have also been much more dizzy than normal, i have no hearing in my left ear(tumor side) so my balance is always off a bit but i havnt been this dizzy in a long time. Im worried these things might be signs of my tumor regrowing. Mostly because when we first discovered my tumor(8 1/2 years ago) my dizziness and balance issues were my main symptoms. Maybe im over thinking things, then again maybe im not.
To the people who have delt with regrowth, were your symptoms the second time around the same ones you originally had?

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: Signs of regrowth?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:04 am »
I have not had regrowth (knock wood) since surgery almost 7 years ago.

I have had symptoms come and go, A simple follow-up with my surgeon and annual (now bi-annual) MRIs confirm there is so far, no growth.

New Normal for me.

Have you scheduled a follow-up?

Good luck!

Stina44

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:54:19 am »
I have not had regrowth (knock wood) since surgery almost 7 years ago.

I have had symptoms come and go, A simple follow-up with my surgeon and annual (now bi-annual) MRIs confirm there is so far, no growth.

New Normal for me.

Have you scheduled a follow-up?

Good luck!
I my most recent MRI was like 5 months ago and everything was normal. I generally only have an MRI once a year(use to be every 6 months) Ive never had my original symptoms come back before. Thats what is making me worry

Patti

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:20:20 pm »
yes, i had a regrowth after 15 years.  all my follow up MRIs said there was a thin margin of enhancement.  Four years later I just didn't feel right.  some passing aches on the tumor side.  Got a new MRI and the regrowth was there. But 5 months is a lot sooner that 4 years.  But from my observations, anything can happen.
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

andrea in slc

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:04:33 pm »
I had translab in 2008 and was told they got it all. Fast forward 8 years to this spring and my dizziness increased a lot!!! My tinnitus also got "louder", if that makes any sense. My last MRI was 3 years ago and according to the neurosurgeon everything was fine. I got an MRI in July of this year and - surprise! Regrowth. My neurosurgeon said I shouldn't have gotten dizzier because they had cut the balance nerve but hey, I did.

Can you call your doc again and mention your symptoms? They might pooh pooh you but they might actually listen. It's worth a shot. Hope it's just storms or something moving through your area and not a regrowth!