Author Topic: There's an App for That- Hearing Test  (Read 2200 times)

BeckyMax

There's an App for That- Hearing Test
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:12:33 pm »
I recently upgraded cell phones to the Galaxy S3.  One of the resident apps is call "My call sound".  This app essentially gives you a hearing test then optimizes the sound from the phone based on your individual results.  It shows a visual chart of your present hearing (in blue) and the optimized call sound (in yellow).  I have used this app every 2 or 3 days to monitor my hearing.  The chart looks remarkably like my audio gram.  I had my husband akso take the test and his chart also was very close to his audio gram.  He suffers significant loss in the upper frequencies.  In the last year I have suffered 3 bouts of sudden hearing loss and recovered with steroids twice.  I again had a loss on Friday and because I've had steroids twice since Thanksgiving the doc wants to see me first, this upcoming Thursday.   This app has been helpful in determining if the perceived loss is real or imaginary, and whether I should call my doc.  So far, it appears this app is only available pre installed on the phone.  I cannot find it in the app store.  There are a few other apps I've tried but this one seems the most accurate and easy to use. I tried attaching a screenshot of my results but can't figure out how to do that.

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

BeckyMax

7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13