Author Topic: Treatment at Univeristy of Michigan  (Read 2534 times)

ewchisek

Treatment at Univeristy of Michigan
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:31:48 am »
Hi all. I am in the process of scheduling many doctor appointments.  Has anyone been to UofM for a consultation or for their treatment?  My insurance is going to give me problems with leaving the state, so Im trying to find my best options in state first.  I am going to Michigan Ear Institute tomorrow.  I am going to UofM next Thursday. I sent my MRI and reports to House.  Still very scared and confused...

Lisa777

Re: Treatment at Univeristy of Michigan
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:47:41 pm »
I am in Michigan too and have meet with the Michigan Ear Institute. I have a follow up with them for more tests and am also getting a second option from UofM.

I'd welcome learning about your experience with both places and which specific physicians you met with.

Thanks.

ewchisek

Re: Treatment at Univeristy of Michigan
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
I have scheduled my surgery with Dr. Babu and Dr. Pieper at Michigan Ear.  I did meet with Dr. Arts at UofM.  I also sent my MRI and reports to House.  Each dr and I spoke with gave me the same suggestion as to the type of surgery.  I chose MEI because I felt more comfortable with Dr. Babu, I also liked the fact that Dr. Pieper has done over 100 AN surgeries just this past year, which was more than Dr. Thompson (the neurosurgeon at UofM).  It was a tough couple weeks with the diagnosis and figuring everything out..but I did feel a small, very SMALL sense of relief when I scheduled my surgery.  Hope that helped.