Author Topic: NYC DOCTORS  (Read 4488 times)

v357139

NYC DOCTORS
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:22:47 am »
I have seen three NYC doctos and I am leaning toward Dr Michael Sisti at NY Presbyterian.  I have 2.5cm acoustic neuroma, and he recommends retrosigmoid.  Has anyone been treated by him, and can you tell me how it went?
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

Blags

Re: NYC DOCTORS
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 04:35:44 pm »
Hi- I met with him however he advised radiation and I didn't want to do it. I just had retro in oct 2012 with dr. Boockvar and dr. Brown at Cornell. I thought they were great and so happy with my outcome. Good luck. If you need more info inbox me.
Oct 2012 - 1.4cm AN removed retro sigmoid with Dr. Boockvar and Dr. Brown at Weill Cornell NY Presbyterian

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:06 pm »
Dear v357,

I've been to 14 docs (interviewing each by visit and in 2 cases sent my CT scans) and by far and away Dr. Sisti is the best. He is very calming and will spend time with you. That was in 2004, and for follow up treatment in 2012 (as you can see below)Gamma Knife. He gave me hope and he has the best bedside manner, he won't pull any punches (that was appreciated by me). Of course, he practices at NY Presbyterian sterling choice as well.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »
Dear V357,

In 2004 he did retro on my 3.1 cm tumor and cut it back to 1.3mm he left a bit covering my facial nerve,

I lost the use of my left ear(something he explained to me) he also cut my balance nerve on the left, after about 3 weeks in the hospital they discharged me home. We monitored it through a yearly CT scan because there are metallic clips in my head from my previous surgery (see below) which didn't enable me to have an MRI.

Mike

All smiles now with both 2004 and follow up Gamma Knife as had been preplanned in 2004! However, I did not opt for having a BAHA hearing device, something which you may want to ask about (if your hearing nerve will be cut. Good luck, say hi from Mike Demisay.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Chances3

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 12:32:58 pm »
My son's client's daughter mentioned to him that his daughter was having brain surgery due to a AN.  My son told him about me, and I connected with her.  She's 36 and already was Dr. Sisit's patient, or else I would have recommended my doctors.

He removed her tumor a few months ago and her recovery has been excellent, from what I have heard from her first hand. It seems you are in very good and experience hands.

rachelnyc

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »
I met him too. While he is very knowledgeable, he wasn't  for me. I just had my surgery with Golfinos and Roland at NYU. They got my whole tumor out and I highly recommend meeting with them.
Left AN 2.5 cm
4 sudden hearing loss episodes with fullness and dizziness since 2008
Retrosigmoid 1/9/13 NYU Golfinos & Roland
Complete tumor removal but have SSD, facial palsy, external eye-lid weight (Blink-eze)

millie

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:24:23 pm »
I went to Dr. Sisti and he suggested radiation for me.  He said he operated on larger tumors-they had to be 2.5 or more and  mine was about 1.2 cm by .5 x.5 cylindrical shape just starting to project out of the IAC.