Author Topic: Neck, Shoulder, and Back Aches after Gamma Knife Surgery  (Read 4498 times)

LeftyLarry

Neck, Shoulder, and Back Aches after Gamma Knife Surgery
« on: June 30, 2012, 02:46:23 pm »
Hello All and thank you in advance for the opportunity to post the following question. Having had Gamma Knife Surgery in late May on the left side, I have been having Neck, Shoulder , and Back aches ever since. Has anyone else experienced this ? Will visit the Doc on July 2nd for said aches.  Having read some of the posts it's beginning to look as if I might be unique. Hoping for some insights.....Lefty

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Neck, Shoulder, and Back Aches after Gamma Knife Surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:36:23 am »
Hi lefty,

Yes I am experiencing this kind of a pain right now in fact! In the past I have taken Advil for the pain which subsides after a while it makes me irritable and tired though. Yesterday, it felt as though some one were stabbing me with a knife in the back! Although, I have never been stabbed before!

Mike

I had it on June 11th.

Sory for taking away some of your uniqueness! Advil provides some temporary relief.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

LeftyLarry

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:13:33 am »
Hey Mike thanks for the reply and Advil has become my best friend lately.  At my recent post surgery checkup I was told that in no way can the aches I am experiencing be attributed to gamma knife. I explained that I had kept a log of my post surgery experience and these aches began immediately after the surgery. Thought I had him with the log but not even a MMMMM. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for modern medicine and the skills of my surgeon and his staff, guess I was hoping for a group hug or something. Anyway thanks again for the reply and I hope for both of us this situation is temporary, keep in touch and let me know how you are Mike...... Lefty

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:16:56 am »
Lefty,

Understanding that you are in pain....and trying even though I'm not experiencing it myself right now, when I have stressful days at work (which is where i am right now) I usually experience pain from in the later afternoon just around quitting time. (((((((((((((((      ;D ;D ;D           )))))))))))))) ------that's my version of a hug! We all need one from time to time!

Welcome to the forum, it is a comforting place where you can discuss feelings and fears and that's just fine.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!