Author Topic: The sad clown or look mommy that man is crying with only one eye!  (Read 3491 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Hi everybody I'm new to this site,

Have you ever had this happen to you? You are watching a movie something sad happens on screen, suddenly you well up in only one eye then unbeknownst to you the dreaed tear drop falls out of only one eye. Many years ago, there used to be a sad clown that used to cry a little out of one eye. Am I strange?Why, if my surgeon told me that he preserved my facial nerve does this happen, immediately after my surgery, I had big trouble with dry eye,drops and they even had to tape my eye closed so that I could sleep for a few days.
 After a while, when I was home a month, (and soon after the blink response came back) it got better my eye started closing but 8 years after, my left eye still does not produce tears!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Cynaburst

Re: The sad clown or look mommy that man is crying with only one eye!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:49:27 pm »
I am 10 years out, and until a month ago, my right eye where I had the tumor removed didn't produce tears either.  Just recently it has started producing tears and watering uncontrollably when I exercise and when I eat.  I think that the nerve has regenerated.  I just don't know if it will ever start to work normally or if I am just stuck with a watery eye.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: The sad clown or look mommy that man is crying with only one eye!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:24:13 pm »
Hi Mike: don't know if this helps but my right eye (paralyzed side) would tear so much that I had a Jones tube put in & it solved the problem - the tube is replaced every 6 months, but for me it's worth it. My eye use to tear sooo much, it was rediculous - especially when excercising or being in a 'hot' area - like bending into the dryer when removing my clothes. Always good thoughts, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis