Author Topic: Recommendations for St. Louis?  (Read 3999 times)

nicole22

• What?
Recommendations for St. Louis?
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »
I have been recently diagnosed with an AN and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for Dr's in St. Louis?
Translab Surgery: 9/12/12

aggie

Re: Recommendations for St. Louis?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:17:31 am »
Hope you're doing well.

While there are several possibilities in the St. Louis area, obviously because of the number of medical centers here.  My surgery was at Mercy, Dr. Peter Smith,  other frequently used facilities are Barnes and St. Luke's, depending on whether you are considering radiation or micro surgery you may also want to contact other facilities, i.e. SLU has cyber knife, Barnes gamma knife.

Assume you are in the greater St. Louis area, I encourage you to attend our quarterly local support group meetings, the next at Mercy a Sat. in Sept. check the ANA website for details.

Feel free to send me a private message.  I'm also on the willing to talk list.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:31:16 am »
Don't know any AN docs in St. Louis, but if you're willing to travel to the Chicago area I have an excellent one that I highly recommend.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leeclinton

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »
I had my surgery done in in January by Jaques Herzog, M.D.
Www.stlouisear.com
He has an office and operates out of St. lukes hospital in Chesterfield, mo.
I met with Peter Smith, mentioned above, and Anthony Mikolic at SLU.  My confidence was in Herzog who does the most AN removals of anyone in StL.  I also LOVED the neurosurgeon he works with! 

I had a great experience with no post surgical complications nor infections.  I recommend at least talking with Herzog.

Hope it helps.
Lee
3.3 cm AN removal Jan. 2012

BeckyMax

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:26:43 pm »
Nicole,
I was diagnosed in February and saw 3 different docs before deciding on Dr. Benecke at Mo Bap.  I am currently watch and wait and have my 2nd MRI in august.  I also saw Dr. Herzog at St. Lukes and Dr. Mikulec at Mercy.  I chose Benecke because of his experience as a surgeon but also his leaning toward radiation if the time comes.  He trained under the doctors at House clinic in LA, which many people on here go to.  I also heard good things about Herzog, but he recommended surgery and I'm not interested in that with such a small tumor not really presenting any problems other than hearing loss.

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

nicole22

• What?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:02:34 pm »
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Translab Surgery: 9/12/12