Author Topic: Do you continue to send your MRI results to center?  (Read 1951 times)

Tisha

Do you continue to send your MRI results to center?
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:26:16 am »
Hi all,

I just had my 3 year MRI done last week.  (I've had several intermittent ones, but this was the 3rd annual).  I had my CK at Stanford in January 2009, and have continued to send them any MRI CD's and audiograms for their studies.   At the beginning of last year (Jan 2011), I was having more issue and they informed me that I should start consulting my neurotologist in town, vs. calling them, as the local doc should be able to start helping me better.  Which was true.  They didnt' ask me to continue to send them anymore follow up MRI's or audiograms.  Should I?  I thought since Dr. Chang puts out studies that they would like this information.  Do you send your annual's in?

Tisha (looking forward to seeing my results next week!) 
1.7 x 1.0 x .9 cm (diagnosed Oct 2008)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.1 cm  (July 2010-swelling)
1.5 x .9 x .9 cm  (Mar 2013 - 5 yr MRI)
Cyberknife at Stanford, week of 1/12/09 -  Drs. Chang and Soltys

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Do you continue to send your MRI results to center?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:49:28 pm »
Tisha ~

You might consider asking Dr. Chang or someone in his department at Stanford if they want you to keep sending your MRI scans.  I'm sure they'll offer you a definite (yes or no) answer. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.