Author Topic: Vestibular rehab anyone?  (Read 11497 times)

Brewers7

Re: Vestibular rehab anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 10:07:41 am »
Stoneaxe,
I have read you post.  It sounds fun.  I am not sure that I could do it in the bathtub.  (hehe)  Also, not too many oceans in the Memphis area.  I have been able to run, so I have been utilizing your theory by turning my head from side to side while viewing the horizon.  Thanks for the tip.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

JW123

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 11:08:46 pm »
Well my main goal is to get back to snowboarding. I am really curious on how my abilities will be when I get back out there. It probably wont be until next season though.  I have a feeling that in snowboarding (among other board sports) a lot of you balance is vestibular since you touch sensitivity and vision are somewhat obscured.
Left side VS - 2.0 x 2.7
Retrosigmoid on Oct 17th 2011
Surgery at Mayo Clinic with Dr. Link & Dr. Driscoll
SSD left side, delayed temporary facial weakness, ongoing severe headaches.

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 07:01:30 pm »
Great thing about standup is that you can do it on a pond if you want. A nice sized lake is great. Fastest growth in the sport right now is inland.

I'd be very cautious about snowboarding. I'm a two planker myself. I've skiied my whole life. Despite the fact that my balance is now pretty good, and dizziness and vertigo mostly a thing of the past I still haven't been back on the slopes. You've significantly upped your chances of meeting a tree regardless of how you feel. The tree always wins!
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org