Author Topic: Has anyone used Caring Bridges for keeping friends and family informed?  (Read 3767 times)

davecz

• Magic Scarf Ride
I recently registered with Caring Bridges to share my progress with AN for friends and family. I used it once before for a friend who was fighting cancer. It was a great way to communicate with my friend without being too intrusive. Since starting my own Carring Bridge site, things have been so much easier. Instead of sending out emails to each friend or family member, all I do is post on my Carring Bridge site for everyone to read at their convenience. I can post information about AN thus minimizing the amount of repeat questions I found myself answering. And it's very private. So only the people I invite can get to my site.

Just wondering how others like using this great service. Www.caringBridge.org

Dave
Diagnosed 11/23/2011, R-AN, 3.0cm, Age: 51, very
athletic, symptoms; Sudden hearing loss R Ear, balance
 issues, fatigue, tinnitus. Surgery HEI, 04/27/2012, Dr.
Friedman & Swartz. Post op, translab, 100% tumor removal,
Facial nerve intact, no balance issues, released 3 days post op,
Doing grea

schmidtkat

Re: Has anyone used Caring Bridges for keeping friends and family informed?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 10:07:12 am »
Hi Dave,
I would echo your satisfaction with Caring Bridge. The use of that service was very helpful not only for me, but also for my immediate family members who were fielding lots of questions from caring individuals. It was not only a wonderful communication tool, but also a great sense of comfort and support. I would highly encourages others to consider using it.
Kathy

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:18:35 am »
I used it, and still do with impending radiation treatment on January 3d. It was really valuable to my family and friends.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:34:32 am »
I did, as well, and it made it so much less stressful to try to keep family and friends who wanted details up with what what was going on and how I was doing.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 06:06:03 pm »
We used it during my time of...fun. :)  It was great because as you did updates, everyone that signed up for the notifications knew that there was an update.  It was VERY handy and convenient thing to have.  You can see mine by clicking on the link at the bottom of my signature block....

Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston