Author Topic: So confused....  (Read 7039 times)

Tumbleweed

Re: So confused....
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 11:53:38 am »
I have never heard on this forum or elsewhere, that someone's AN just disappeared or dissolved,, unless maybe there never was one to begin with.. although as you say,, miracles DO happen.. I hope for one for you,, but continue with research too... :)  Jane

I've never heard of this happening without treatment, but there is one case cited on this forum where it happened after radiation. Check out MinhVietNam's post on page 4 of a thread here:
http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=16230.45

I'd also read in medical studies of a couple other cases where this happened after radiation treatments. It is extremely rare. But for the record, it is (remotely) possible.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

alabamajane

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 01:51:49 pm »
I suppose after treatment maybe, but I was just saying without any treatment and just w&w,, don't get your hopes up without a miracle.. we all wanted it to just "go away" before we had to do anything to it,, just saying,, I did and mine did not,, there's a first time for everything they say..
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Tumbleweed

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:13 pm »
I agree. I've never heard of a case of an AN spontaneously disappearing without prior treatment.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

AZ JB

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 09:25:40 pm »
Thanks everyone & thank you TW, for replying to my personal message.  I did send Dr. Chang an email, so hope to hear from him soon.

Bob 

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 06:31:03 am »
Hello from another Arizonan! Sorry that I hadn't chimed in before now, I haven't been on this much lately...I also had gone to Barrow and talked to Dr. Weisskapf...I was scheduled to talk to Spetzler, but I decided to go with HEI and therefor didn't see him.  For myself, it was the deciding of what to do that was the hardest part.  The surgery itself was easy...it was in someone's hands (good thing too, huh?)  I hope you will come to a decision that feels good for you.  As it has been said on this forum, if it feels good then you have made the right decision!  Good luck!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 10:39:45 pm »
I think part of what dr. Friedman refers to is the folks that try radiation who he ends up operating on after radiation didn't work.  There is more of a mess left to attend too when a surgeon goes in after radiation.  I think dr. Friedman and dr. Shwartz do amazing work.  I think they operate and save lives on a daily basis and there are a great many people who are really ok afterwards.  I justw would like to see more people opting for surgery.  I know it's scary at first , but at 2 weeks post Translab...I do not regret it.  I have a little wonki head, left side taste buds wierd, and the fatigue which is normal, but I have to say..... I am so glad to have that little bugger out of my brain,,,,,!,,,, and I am still me...still live love and laugh....SSD....but I am so glad to be alive I can't express that joy fully.  Be brave and go with your gut.
Stephanie
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 10:50:36 pm »
I agree. I've never heard of a case of an AN spontaneously disappearing without prior treatment.

I, too, agree.  An AN spontaneously disappearing without prior treatment is wishful thinking.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways