Author Topic: Looking for neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh  (Read 2874 times)

tichinose

Looking for neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »
I have a friend that has a brain tumor and is looking for the best team in the Pittsburgh area....any ideas?

kraynok2

Re: Looking for neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:39:44 pm »
I just noticed this post.  I had my AN surgery in Pittsburgh at Allegheny with Dr. Chen and Dr. Aziz (sp?).  Dr. Chen was the otolaryngologist and Dr. Aziz the neurosurgeon.  They both were great.  One of the reasons I chose Dr. Chen was that he trained for a year with the House Ear Clinic in California.  (I had thought of going to House, but living in West Virginia, my husband said couldn't I go somewhere a little closer! ;D )  I had interviewed another doctor and was not comfortable with him.  The appointment and interview was so different with Dr. Chen and Dr. Aziz that I made up my mind right then and there to go with them.  My mother has a friend whose brother-in-law is a heart doctor in Pittsburgh.  My mother told her what I had and that I had chosen Dr. Chen.  She asked her friend if she could check with her brother-in-law if he knew of him.  His comment was that he just had a friend have surgery with Dr. Chen and he would not go to anyone else.  That put both my mother's and my mind at ease that I had made a good choice.  Dr. Aziz is very friendly and a good neurosurgeon.  I had the translabrynthine surgery one year ago this week.  Things went well.  Since I've seen your post so late, I hope this can be of some help to you and your friend.
Sandy

tichinose

Re: Looking for neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:47:23 pm »
Thanks sandy... Good to know