General Category > Why Join ANA?

Message from the ANA Membership Committee

(1/4) > >>

ANA Forum Admin:
As an occasional, frequent, or everyday participant on the Forum, you know the value of this service to you and to the thousands of other acoustic neuroma patients who seek help from other members on the Forum.

Since we initiated our new site in 2005 the forum has had close to 167,000 posts, on close to 13,000 topics by over 5,000 Forum members.  You clearly believe in the importance of the Forum; we hope you believe that the Forum and the many other services available to the public and AN patients deserve your membership support.

If you are not a current member of ANA, we urge you to click on our Join/Renew link on our home page to become a member of an organization that you have relied on as an excellent source of information as you deal with your acoustic neuroma.

We would love to welcome you as a member of ANA.

ppearl214:
As one that has been a member for a number of years..... this original post focuses on the value of the forums.... which, I, for 1, have to admit, helped to bring me wellness after my research when I was first diagnosed. I would also like to add the the membership also brings "Notes", the quarterly newsletter from the ANA, discounted fees to the national symposiums and more.  The ANA publishes info/brochures and most of all, brings patients together through their Willing To Talk list as well as sponsors local support groups.

My wallet hurts like most folks, but for what the ANA has done... and continues to do.... I also encourage others, if feasible, to join the ANA as they do sooooo much for us in our time when we need our support and information.... and the kinships that have grown all due to the ANA.

Honestly, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be doing as well as I am doing due to their initial info they sent me and these forums.  I've noted it before.... I've noted it to them verbally and in writing... and I note it again here.

I hope you all will also consider the membership so they can continue to do for us all that they do.

Just my 2 cents.
Phyl

CHD63:
I have to ditto everything Phyl has written!!!!!

In my darkest moments, the people on this forum have been my lifeline.  Unless you have "walked in our shoes," no one can fully understand the challenges we face.

I hope everyone notices the lack of annoying ads on this forum and ANA web site.  This would not be possible without the support of memberships and "angels" or friends of the organization.  As with other worthwhile organizations, any amount of support an individual can give is valuable.

Clarice

skipg:
I firmly believe in giving back when I have been helped. ANA has been a tremendous support and invaluable source of information. I was lost in the months before I found ANA. This association was there for me when I needed them most. I immediately joined and gave a donation to the cause. My copays for testing were far greater than the yearly membership and support amount I gave. At least the ANA did not stick me with needles, no sound checks on my head via MRI's, and cause me to lose countless hours on Dr visits, overall they were painles and pleasent to deal with. I will be renewing again and donating to a wonderful organization.

Skip

ppearl214:

--- Quote from: skipg on September 15, 2011, 12:33:09 pm ---I firmly believe in giving back when I have been helped. ANA has been a tremendous support and invaluable source of information. I was lost in the months before I found ANA. This association was there for me when I needed them most. I immediately joined and gave a donation to the cause. My copays for testing were far greater than the yearly membership and support amount I gave. At least the ANA did not stick me with needles, no sound checks on my head via MRI's, and cause me to lose countless hours on Dr visits, overall they were painles and pleasent to deal with. I will be renewing again and donating to a wonderful organization.

Skip

--- End quote ---

Skip
Aye-men to every word you wrote! :)
Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version