Author Topic: Moving symptoms, creeping tumour  (Read 2894 times)

muffincat

Moving symptoms, creeping tumour
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:24:29 pm »
I started off with imbalance problems at the beginning of the year, then after a mild head cold in June went down with sudden single sided hearing loss 10days later. This total deafness lasted  5 days and some sound returned as I had the hearing test done.
Imbalance got worse over  the June/July then slowly improved, during August, so now I can walk again without having to focus and 'spot' ahead of me. At the beginning of Aug my face dropped onto the floor and then sessions of just landing in my pocket, with the tongue tingling and metallic taste, and lip drop. Plus eye lid problems and trigeminal nerve pain and sensation changes
 Over the past few weeks, hearing has improved, so now I can hear a watch tick, walking has improved, as mentioned and now the face is nearly back to normal.
So far I've had an non- contrast MRI, and had a second opinion as I wait for my first, the clinical result for a small tumour doesn't match up with the symptoms [less than 1cm] and now with the wandering of the symptoms, Id like to know if others had the same history.
That is my question, am I that different, or is there a percentage that didn't fit the routine picture??????
 I am going for another hearing test, as I know I will be just dismissed as "well you have gotten used to the hearing impairment"
And yes will be waiting for the  contrasted MRI and CT results, but the local hospital has to order them and they are dragging the chain. Hence doing some detective work whilst I wait.

DDWILT

Re: Moving symptoms, creeping tumour
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 06:05:05 pm »
Maybe it has more to do with where the tumor is as apposed to the size of it. I had surgery 6 mos ago and my tumor is almost as big as it was prior to surgery. So much for slow growing tumor. One of the worst symptoms is the tingly tongue!  Drives me crazy!!  Just be firm with your doctors and get additional testing to get a more definitive answer to your symptoms.
Hang in there  :-\
Dx 3.7 cm AN Feb 2015
Retro surgery Mar 2015
6 mo MRI showed Regrowth to 3 cm
What to do next?