Author Topic: anything new????  (Read 3136 times)

reg

anything new????
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:15 am »
hi all
sorry havent been posing lately, been busy trying to still adjust to new normal (5 years on 15th of dec) was wondering had any one heard of anyhting as far as treatments for facial numbness? facial features ie., muscles, smile work fine just feels swollen and very sensetive. also doc diagnosed fibromyagia and prescrided lyrica, i dont think it works but i take it, also still burning sensation along left side still persists.  anyway just wondering, if so please reply
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

rayden1

Re: anything new????
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »
Hi Reg

Also nearly 5 yrs along. Awful facial pain. Smile not too bad but I feel its not great because it hurts. I am also on Lyrica low dose was 2 by 75 mgs per day. I cut it down to 1 dose 75 mgs. I tried to do without it alltogether and pain  was so bad so it must work somewhat. 

Take care and hope things improve. You kind of get used to pain after a while and its hard to know what is normal.

ann x

kimmy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:41:06 pm »
Hi. I haven't posted for a long  time but, 6 years  post  op, my  right  blocked  nostril is now open and active!  I  can  also just about  manage to  whistle!  I still have problems  with dry mouth  and  my right eye runs  when I  eat but I hope the  first two things may  make  you  feel hopeful of  the future.  :D
1.5cm. Translab at Manchester Royal Infirmary. August 2005

reg

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:34:01 pm »
 ;D  Thanks for replies, good to know thiers somthing still going on up or in there (lol)

4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06