Author Topic: Have you met Forum AN'ers in ways other than the Forums/Support Groups?  (Read 25133 times)

Kaybo

It was AWESOME meeting Dale - I'm telling you, we are all cousins!!  WE HAD SUCH A GREAT NIGHT!!  I have a picture on my phone (- phyl, I may just email it to you??) to get up here - let me tell you now though - Dale looks much hotter than her little picture!!   :o

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Oh, if Dale is ok with it, pls email... would love to see the pics of you 2 meeting up.

It's always great to meet others from here when you can... and thrilled you all have had the opp to do so!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
It would be great to have the photos up.  I'm fine with it, Phyl.  Also.....Kay looks FABULOUS!!!!  She does not give herself enough credit.  She's beautiful!
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

Keri

Dale,
Let me know when you're in MD. Do you have any time to hit any of the sights in DC?

I'm going to try to meet Kay when I head to TX at some point this summer.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
It would be great to have the photos up.  I'm fine with it, Phyl.  Also.....Kay looks FABULOUS!!!!  She does not give herself enough credit.  She's beautiful!
~Dale

I saw... I grinned... you 2 look absolutely marvelous!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to meet you, as well, one day. Have also met the Kaybo... will have to meet you as well! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

So where is the pic Phyl??  ???

K    ::)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
So where is the pic Phyl??  ???

K    ::)

hold plz............    ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
best blondes in town

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:59:57 pm by ppearl214 »

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Not only are they the best looking blondes in town, they are incredibly sweet ones, as well!  Certainly very supportive, helpful ones!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kaybo

Thank you Phyl!!!

I will say that I always thought (I don't know why) that Dale was a very TALL person...um, let's just say she and Lori could have a contest!  I was bending at the knees and scrunched over in that pic!!  Dale, your personality is certainly not lacking!!   ;D 

Clarice-
You are too kind...

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Hey, not bad at all for a cell phone pic!  Yeah, I heard I was running a race for "who's the shortest" with Lori!  I'm just so verbal, that I seen like a TALL person!  This is a great memory, and I hope to be repeated! 
Hugs,
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

ppearl214

• Administrator
well, Lori (met at symposium, but not at another gathering format) IS rather.... *coff* petite fleur  >:D .  Will have to meet Dale to see and compare.

Phyl
(Kay, glad to help)

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
As previously noted, I've met Kay and Keri out in the world. Had a wonderful dinner with Kay and her family as I was passing through Amarillo. Wonderful family, as was expected considering the wonderfulness that is Kay.

Met Keri on the Washington Mall for a quick hug and a picture. That meeting is one of the reasons I like technology so much. Without the ability to coordinate through texting we would never have been able to find each other that day.

I've also met with several people through the willing to talk program.

..thanks for being..t
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

moe

Great pic of Dale and K! You two look beauutiful :)
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty