Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

Brain Port for vertigo

<< < (3/3)

lorjacks:
Found this video and think this is very interesting. Apparently this works and needs to be approved in the US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_FMZ7Zyg5U

IbSCA2:
Hi everyone, I am interested in finding out more about results achieved by using BrainPort.  I notice there has not been any activity here since 2014.  Is there a reason why?  Is anyone still using BrainPort? I look forward to hearing from someone

eric - IL:
Just got back from Montreal.
My 17 year old daughter had concussion 2 years ago and is still facing:
headaches 24 x 7
balance issues
bothered by light and sound...but gets 'over stimulated'  and has to shut down and go hide herself away.

We wanted to try PoNS device, but it is not yet approved (in CA or USA).  So we scheduled with the only facility that has been testing the PoNS device for brainport sessions for balance as well as biofeedback.

First session was 15 minutes with BrainPort, standing still with eyes closed.

She came out WAY overstimulated!   She could not handle it and insisted we give up.
It has been 2 days, and the over-stimulation is slowly dropping, but she is scared that it is taking this long.

We have returned home and will do same biofeedback here in Chicago.

So unfortunately, we cannot offer any real results....but please talk to Marcel ....

Marcel Mazaltarim M.Sc Directeur   Montreal Neurofeedback
3400 Jean Talon West -suite 100-Montréal (Qu) H3R-2E8 I 514-481-7867/ ext: 202
www.neuromtl.com
www.montrealneurofeedback.com

Eric

Starnet1144:
Was wondering if anyone on here had anything new to report regarding brain port balancing device?
Thank you

Samantha Hutton:
Hi All,

My mum and I flew to Vancouver(from Australia) to purchase the Brainport Balance Plus device.  It was pretty amazing - she suffers from bilateral vestibular disorder and a range of other issues that cause her to fall over and walk with a drunken gait.  It has ben so dangerous for her and the Brainport Balance Plus was amazing - she was able to walk (albeit a little wobbly in the beginning) whilst hold her stick rather than placing it on the ground.  It takes practice but the residual effects last for a quite a while after and get longer the more you use it.

Unfortunately she had a bad fall after surgery last year and has been unable to use the device since and probably won't be able to again.  It is relatively new (2019), she stopped using in 2020 and I thought to post here to see if anyone was interested in purchasing at a reduced price. In Vancouver at Lifemark - the price is $6750CAD (approx.$5200USD)+ 12% Vancouver tax = $7560CAD which is what we paid so would be happy to let go for $4200USD plus postage. Please be in touch if you are interested and I can send some pictures and information.

Happy to answer any questions about the Brainport also so please be in touch if you have any questions.
Sami

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version