General Category > Inquiries

MRI Question

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mickey:
Hi! My first MRI which diognosed my AN was done without contrast. Since diognosis I`ve had them done with contrast W+W going into 4th year. Personally being W+W I think I`m going for the next one without contrast again. My tech said he could detect any chage with our without. I`m sure if it came to having treatment contrast would be a must. Wishing you the best, Mickey

james e:
I had a stroke April 4, 2009 and had an MRI, with no contrast ...stroke damage showed up, but no sign of the AN...but we were not looking for an AN. My MRI looking for the AN was December 2009, with contrast, and it showed up. They pulled out my April MRI, and three doctors at three hospitals could not fine the AN. I had been having wonky days for about two years before the stroke, so I know that the AN had to be there. In my case, it took took the contrast. Who know what an expert is. Doctors at House could not see an AN on my stroke MRI. If you did not have contrast, and they do not find an AN, I might look for another doc.

suboo73:
Hi Clskrockdrummr!

My short story...I had symptoms for over 12 years and no diagnosis or MRI recommended- just ENT telling me I was 'getting older.'
(WHAT?  At 40 years old?) - Then, in 2008 my sister was diagnosed.  My symptoms were the same, except gradual hear loss, so I changed docs and asked for the MRI.  I think my husband thought i was a little 'nuts!'

THe ENT ordered with contrast - but at almost 1 cm., I bet he would have seen it anyway. (as experienced with ANs)

I didn't wait for the doctor visit - went straight to the local imaging center and got the report. 
No surprise to me, just everyone else!
But - i like information, so i was ok to learn that it IS an AN and mostly benign and slow growing.

Hope you do not have an AN.
Information is power.

Sincerely,
Sue

moe:
Hi and Welcome,
Thinking of you and will be interested to see the result of your MRI.
Your symptoms mimicked mine:

, the tinnitus, the light headed and dizzy feelings, the "wonky & wobbly" feelings, the dull headaches, the mental fog, the sometimes sideways gait, being tired through the day even though I got eight or more hours of sleep the night before, the diminishing ability to concentrate, etc...

I went on like this for way too long and it wasn't until the hearing started to diminish that I went to get a hearing test.......But then again maybe you don't have one.   This is such a sneaky little creature!
Maureen

CHD63:
Hi clskrockdrummr .....

Wondering what your MRI showed.

Ann is on to something .....

--- Quote from: Keeping Up on April 04, 2011, 09:37:34 pm ---(and maybe a newer, higher resolution MRI machine -

--- End quote ---

There seems to be a significant range of clarity on MRI screenings at different facilities.  Also even slight movement caused from movement (swallowing, for example) by the patient can create unclear images.

In my case, an MRI done 14 months before my first diagnosis, without contrast, was negative for an AN.  Diagnosing MRI was with contrast and showed the 2+cm AN.  All of the doctors who looked at my MRI CDs could find no evidence of it on the MRI done without contrast.  However, my neurosurgeon was quite confident that he would have seen a shadow of it, if it had been there.  Thus, I was placed in that unusual category of having a rapidly growing AN.

Hopefully you will post the results of your MRI, to help others.

Many thoughts.

Clarice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version