General Category > Inquiries

MRI Question

<< < (4/4)

moe:
I'm glad you don't have an AN! Whew... But sorry you still have symptoms that you don't particularly enjoy..... Hang in there!
Maureen

cyclist75:

--- Quote from: clskrockdrummr on June 02, 2011, 02:47:23 pm ---UPDATE - Sorry I didn't post my MRI results sooner but I wanted to wait until I saw the neurologist for the follow-up. My MRI results came back normal, no AN, no sign of stroke, no unusual masses. There was one footnote though, one "minor" thing my doc said. I have a vascular loop on the left side of my head near the nerves in my middle ear. Meanwhile the symptoms continued so my GP ordered a referral to a neurologist. Two weeks later I got my referral...I made my appointment for the following week which was rescheduled for two weeks later because the doctor was ill and...etc... Anyway...so I finally get to see the neurologist, I get an hour long exam and consultation. During the exam he kept looking into my eyes...he said they're a bit twitchy which is caused by the vascular loop rubbing against a nerve in my middle ear which could be causing all of the other symptoms. He said that he doesn't know why this is all the sudden causing issues for me, according to him I've this vascular loop all my life. He thinks the condition is probably aggravated by stress and the blood pressure meds I'm taking so...guess what...he writes me a prescription for Paxil. Just what I need...more medicine. I'm not taking the Paxil...the side effects scare me...besides that, I enjoy having a few beers on the weekend while playing my drums and you can't drink any alcohol at all with Paxil. I'm not so sure about his stress conclusion anyway. Sure my job is highly stressful but my job's been highly stressful for years. Why would stress all the sudden become a factor. I'm experimenting with my BP meds...no worries, I have a BP monitor at home and I use it. So far no real significant change...some days are better than others but the symptoms are still there. I still think they should have done an MRI with contrast.

--- End quote ---

Hi clskrockdrummr,

I just did a MRI and the finding is a vascular loop.  I did a search and found your post.  Did you have to go through surgery to remove the loop?  At this point I don't know if this is a serious issue.  I did some google search and found some medical papers.  It seems some did go through surgery.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version