Author Topic: About the tired wench -  (Read 2373 times)

Karla83401

About the tired wench -
« on: June 05, 2006, 09:34:00 pm »
Hey all, it's Andrea.  Mom asked me to post.  She's doing really well, and misses chatting with you all.  She's hoping to be up and on the forum regularly again soon.  As of now, her eyes can't handle the computer screen well for long.  She's phenomenal - out puttering around the yard and in the house.  But I'm worried she'll push herself too far.  If only I could chain her to the bed or couch.  But I've figured something sneaky out - if I hand mom my six month old while she's sitting down on the couch, she can't get up!!!  She can't lift over five pounds!  And my baby is a healthy 17 pounder - she's stuck!!!!!!!  Ha ha ha. . . She gets pissy though.  We'll be up and moving around, and she's unable to move from her spot on the couch.  I love it - it's one of the only ways I get her to relax for a moment.

She's exhausted, too.  Her words, and I quote "I'm so dang tired of being tired, I'm disgusted."  She can't seem to get to sleep at night, and then stay asleep.  She's debating on sleeping pills. 

So you know. . .

God bless,
Andrea
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: About the tired wench -
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:16:16 am »
Hey Andrea,

Good to see you have a cunning plan in action.

re sleeping pills. I occaisonally take half a Stilnox. These are great. They are non-addictive and I find that I only need half (not a strong dose)

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Patti

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:47:18 am »
I take ambien most nights.  I try to do without but it is so hard.  Everynight-no matter how tired I am-and i can be very tired-i can't fall asleep.  The problem started when i was in the hospital for surgery 5 1/2 years ago.  Is there any connection to my AN?  Andrea-your Mom sounds like me-active, tired, but can't sleep.  Patti
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

matti

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:16:06 am »
Hi Andrea Wench!  I shared that very same phrase with your mom, "tired of being tired".  I hard a very hard time getting a good nights sleep for a while, could not find a comfortable postion and stay asleep for more than a couple of hours. I felt exhausted all the time, body needs its rest to heal, but can't get the proper rest to heal it. I would ask the doctor to prescribe a sleeping pill for her. It helped me finally get some sleep.

Good for you sneaky girl that's one way to get mom to stay put for a while LOL. 

hugs to you and mom
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 05:54:42 pm »
Oh yeah I like the baby hand off!  Good Plan!  We like smart wenches on our crew  ;D
I can so relate to the tired all the time.  I'm so tired of being tired and can't seem to sleep at night for very long.  If she's still on a steriod that isn't helping the situation either!  Ambien, lunesta are rx sleeping aids.  melatonin is a non prescritption one that works pretty good too.

Let her know we miss her and look forward to her return!