Author Topic: I'm not sure if these are headaches  (Read 3772 times)

phx

I'm not sure if these are headaches
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:27:06 pm »
but I get these really bad neck aches that I can feel going up to my head. Well, the aches are on the right side of my neck. I had surgery on the left side of my head, and I feel pressure and a fullness there, but the aches are more on my right side. Could these be from stress and not the tumor? Usually if I feel a stabbing pain on the top of my head, I consider them headaches, but these don't occur as much as the "neck" aches. 2 tylenols usually help rid the pain. Anyone going through the same thing or understand what I'm saying. Thanks!

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: I'm not sure if these are headaches
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 10:50:55 pm »
phx:
I get those too. Mine are usually centered at the back of my neck & I usually get these in the middle of the night. I consider it a headache even if it stays at the back of the head & neck. Mine are a result of the surgery. I didn't have them before. But I learned to keep my tylenol consumption to a minimum. It can result in rebound headaches. Heat works well for me. I keep my electric heating pad plugged & by the side of my bed.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

phx

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:49:37 pm »
Good point about the Tylenol. I definitely have to cut back because for the last week, I've been taking 2 every 6-8 hours. I've never had this sort of headache until after my surgery too. I'm really hoping they get better as time goes by. Thanks.

staypoz

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:47:54 pm »
phyx, how far are you out from your surgery?  I used to have what I call "elevator headaches" -- I would feel pain at the base of my neck that would spread upward.  It was as if the sensation was following along the nerve pathway.  They subsided after a while.

staypoz

Evltwin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »
Phx,

Do you have facial paralysis?  I have right side facial paralysis and started having pain on the left side of my jaw.  And, the neck pain that goes from the shoulders to the base of my skull.  It turns out that I have been having muscle spasms in my neck muscle.  That is what’s been causing the pain in the neck and jaw.  Went to PT and learned ways to stretch the neck muscles to help relive the issues.  Hope that helps.

Mei Mei

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:18:07 pm »
I get them too.   I consider them an everything ache and a headache that includes the neck.   It's just everything and it needs attention.   Put some ice on the neck.  That's what I just did.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh