Author Topic: mri scan ordered very quick  (Read 13484 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: mri scan ordered very quick
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 07:12:51 pm »
My father, almost 81 years old, has had positional vertigo for a number of years and the docs have no idea why.  He does not have an Acoustic Neuroma.

I wouldn't worry too much.  Chances are good that you don't have an AN - and if you do, there are worse things in the world to have.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

joanne8

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:46 am »
Thankyou everyone for all your support, i will get back to all you good peeps as soon as i know what is going on with me, my thoughts are with you all.  Jo. x

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 10:36:48 am »
Hi Joanne .....

I was on vacation for a few days so missed your initial post.  Just adding my welcome to the group.

Anxious to know what your MRI shows tomorrow.  Be sure to let all the "mother hens" here know what you find out.

Best thoughts.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Stand

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 11:49:04 pm »
Joanne.....Please keep everyone updated.  Turns out, I do not have a tumor.  I have 6 spots right at the area of where an acoustic neuroma would be but my doctor never explained it.  And I have a cyst but no tumor.  Thank the Lord!  I'm going to check this site though now and then, to see how things turn out for you.  But keep some peace.  I have a lot of symptoms of having a tumor and yet....they were just symptoms.  No tumor.  I'm dizzy.  I fall.  The right side of my face is numb / hurts at times.  I have unilateral nerve damaged hearing loss.  I have tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus.  Lots of nausea.  And yet, no tumor.  :)

joanne8

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 01:49:33 am »
Stand, i am so pleased for you that it is not a tumor, i searched this site for you all day yesterday hoping of some news, then realized im in the u.k. so we are behind you some hours lol. I could`nt get you off my mind knowing for the anxious wait, so i stayed most of the day logged in, thankyou so much for letting me know but i do feel connected with you as going through the same trauma at the same time, you must be so grateful that they let you know the results so quick, i just hope they will do the same for me this end, we usually have to await about 2 weeks for all admin stuff to go through so fingers crossed i am put out of my misery,i am positive as i know these tumor`s are quite rare so that has to go in our favour.

love and best wishes for you and your family, big hugs too. xxxx

will post tomorrow with or without news so i can let you know when i know.

Stand

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 08:38:48 am »
Hey, Joanne.  Well, they were going to make me wait 2 weeks also.  But I called back and told them, "I have the disc in my hand.  PLEASE just have Donna look at it!"  Donna is the wife of a fireman friend of ours (our husbands work together).  They asked me, "Wait.  What is your name?"  They then went to talk to her and came back to me saying, "Okay.  You have a new appointment.  Come in at 7:30 in the morning"  :)  I didn't see Donna but I saw the other doctor when I came in.  The thing is, apparantly Donna had looked at my scans already the night before I saw the doctor.  The night I was freaking out!  I even saw her at the firestation and yet she never told me a thing.  If she had, maybe I would have rested that night!  Lol!  

My husband is relieved I don't have a tumor.  My mom is relieved.  So are all of the firemen and their wives.  But I'm not sure if I can be yet.  I mean, yes.  I AM relieved but at the same time, it doesn't remove the fact that my symptoms are still here.  And like this morning, my right eye hurts so bad, along with the right side of my face.  Yesterday I had such dizzy episodes, I couldn't move.  So it's a catch 22.  I'm happy yet I'm still confused because I really am left at square one.  No answers.

Hey, do you have facebook?  That might be a quicker way for me to hear about your mri results when they do come in.  Mine is:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/cmm.forever     

You might have to copy and paste the URL in the address bar. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:40:56 am by Stand »

joanne8

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 09:26:59 am »
Hi Stand i have added you to my facebook, at least i think i have, lol, you will have to check my name is Joanne Dolling from U.K.

i am in early tomorrow morning 8:30, but i really don`t think i will have any output for a further 2 weeks.

Will keep you up to date hopefully on f.b. if i got it wrong you can search for me.

love and best wishes for now Jo. xx

Stand

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 03:57:31 pm »
Hey, Joanne.  I accepted your friend request earlier.  Hope the mri turns out great!

Carrie (Stand)

joanne8

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 01:18:34 pm »
Hi everyone, i has the scan done early this morning, i just have to wait and hear, it will probably take about two weeks to come through, so will keep you posted as soon as i hear anything.

Thank you all off you for your wonderful support.

Love and best wishes to all off you.

Jo. x