Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 8744 times)

nanlt124

• learning more everyday
Re: New to the group
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 09:11:38 am »
Hi Sonia!   this is my welcome to you also.  i was new in august and have since then had my surgery.  i noticed that you mentioned florida and i am from clearwater.  just wanted to mention that my surgery was done at tampa general by dr christopher danner and dr agazzi (neurosurgeon). dr danner is from the tampa bay hearing and balance center and i cannot say enough about him and the care that i got and still getting.  my first visit he was really caring and thorough.  he took time and explained everything to me - all of my options and possible recovery issues.  when i went home and thought about all of it (and discussed with my family) i decided to go forward.  i also had an issue with my insurance ending.  my surgery was sept 30 and i spent 5 days in neuro icu due to bp issues.  i came home with blurred vision, dizziness, and speech issues and i was really scared.  however, i am almost as good as new.  no more walker, my speech is back, my vision is much better and i have not had any migraines, nausea or after effects that will keep me from returning to work and my normal life.  dr danner is available 24h for issues or questions and most times returns calls himself.  i have one more follow up nov 5 and then i will be back to work.  as far as i am concerned, if you live near tampa, you could not do better than these doctors.  they do not pressure you.  you get the information you need to make your own decision and they stand behind what you decide.  as far as the hospital, i never wanted for anything - the staff was efficient and caring and always available .   whatever you decide, know that it is your decision.       my thoughts are with you      nancy from clearwater

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 01:54:39 am »
I am just now reading this thread and while there is nothing new I can contribute to the discussion that hasn't already been said, I just wanted to offer my support and my thoughts will be with you until you come to a decision that you will be comfortable with! Take care and keep on venting to us! We can take it! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Sonia

New to the group
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:18 pm »
My tumor is 1.9 m  and I have decided to go ahead with GK. My husband lost his job and insurance will soon become a issue. So I have decided to get this "thing" zapped with radiation. I will be going to Shands Hospital in Gainseville, FL on Nov 8th for pre-testing and the GK procedure on the 9th. P

moe

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 09:42:52 am »
Hi Sonia,
I'm glad you have come to your decision. It's just around the corner, and will be done and over with before you know it!
Peaceful days for you. It'll all work out.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty