Author Topic: This Week 7/04/10 in the AN World  (Read 2480 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 7/04/10 in the AN World
« on: July 03, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »
Tomorrow we’ll be celebrating Independence Day here in the United States.

HAPPY 4th of July to all our U.S. friends, and a belated HAPPY CANADA DAY to our friends up north.

LAST WEEK:

Danielle (inmaine724) had two separate MRIs on Saturday 6/26.  Danielle we’re glad you finally got some news from your Dr., and that your AN appears to be on the smaller side.  We hope that there is promising news for you at Mass Eye and Ear in Boston as well.

Congratulations to our newest Posties, from Down Under (lamplight) who had retrosigmoid surgery on 6/28, and to Vincent (vinsterman) on his 11 hour translab surgery 6/21.  We wish you both speedy recoveries.

Dale (dalern) congratulations to you as well on your 6/30 BAHA surgery.  Having a good sense of humor (smiley faces on your BAHA cup) will help you through all of life’s challenges.  Let the BAHA Gotcha Day countdown begin.

Congratulations Mark (ixta) on your recent Ironman Triathlon completion.  You are truly an inspiration.

THIS WEEK:

Tuesday 7/6 Nikki (opp2) is having retrosigmoid surgery.

Wednesday 7/7 Lisa (turbomom) is having retrosigmoid surgery for the removal of “Wilson” (the AN).

Thursday 7/8 Angela (Angel-1) is having translab surgery.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with each of you this week in hopes that your surgeries will be successful and uncomplicated, and that your recoveries are swift and without delay.

We hope that every day gets a little better for all that are recovering.

Have a SAFE and wonderful week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 7/04/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:29:36 pm »
Rich ~  Our collective thanks, as always.

To Nikki, Lisa and Angela - I can only echo Rich's reminder that the thoughts and prayers of many will be with you this week and that you have a loud 'rooting section' here on the AN discussion forums!

My added congratulations to our newest posties - Vincent and Lamplight.  I trust that Dale's BAHA experience will be rewarding (improved hearing) and that Mark is justifiably proud of his Triathlon effort, which was inspiring.  I'm pleased to learn that Danielle now has her MRI information and can now move toward a possible treatment decision.  

Continued good recoveries to all concerned - and my personal wishes for a safe and happy Fourth of July!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mk

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 07:07:41 pm »
Has anyone heard from Vivian? She was supposed to have GK last week.

Best wishes to all receiving treatment this week, and happy 4th of July.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Keri

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 06:54:21 am »
Happy 4th of July!
I wish everyone well in their treatments, surgeries and recoveries.
Thank you, Rich, for the great updates. Since I hadn't been on in a while, I just read through half of May's, and June's updates. You are great to keep everyone informed in such a detailed way.
Thanks,
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:23:49 pm »
Has anyone heard from Vivian? She was supposed to have GK last week.

Best wishes to all receiving treatment this week, and happy 4th of July.

Vivian came through her GammaKnife procedure quite well.  Her account of the experience is here: http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=12838.msg147586#msg147586.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »
Rich, you are amazing.  You have chronicled everyone's big events....quite a feat, and thank you for including me!  I am waiting patiently for "Gotcha Day".  One week down out of 12....who said it would go quickly?????
Thanks and I do hope that all is going well with /Scarlett.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego