Author Topic: Strange head sensations and headaches  (Read 21842 times)

overthill

Re: Strange head sensations and headaches
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »
 ::)I'm not sure where to start. I have had  An for seven years know. I go for my MRI this Friday> I would like to know what you take for headaches. Mine seen to be the worse when the weather changes. my ear feels numb in side and I get a swelling feeling behing my left ear. Oh ya my tumor is only 3mm and has been for 7 years.  my eyes start hurting ect. The drs in Gj Colo. aren't much help

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »
I take two Motrin with two Extra strength Tylenol as a buffer.   Yes, the weather does make a difference.   I think there was a thread here on that somewhere about two months back.  You could do a search on that. 

Sincerely,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 02:50:30 pm »
The best thing I have found to help with my headaches is to put a cold (out of the fridge) pop can behind my neck.  I do that almost every night and it seems to help.  I like it best when it am sitting up against something (like on the couch) of laying flat on a pillow.  Holding the can on the neck can exhaust the arms.  Maybe give it a try.  I think it is better than a bad of peas because the temp of the can is just right.

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

scarriegirl

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 10:47:51 pm »
Hi again!
I have been neglectful in posting here, but today headache central made me do some researching.  Thought I'd post it. 

It seems that while i thought my weather headaches were caused by low pressure, in fact they are actually more aggravated by the electrical field that accompanies the storm. 
That explains to me why my weather headaches can cause stabbing pain where my plates are.  I have bone flap replaced, mesh, and plates.  I had retrosigmoid in nov 2008. 
A friend recomended magnets to me....have been researching magnetic pillows.  It's worth a shot!

Anyways to address the original question, I have headaches every day.  most days they are dealable with aleve.  Some days my eyeballs feel squeezed.  Some days I feel stabbing in my skull.  I have this awful muscle cramp in my neck...feels like a foot cramp! 
It is comfort to come here and read that many others sadly share my pain. 

It is definitely easier to deal with the pain if you know why and that it's normal :( at least WE know we aren't crazy! 

I have had luck with cold pack and heating pad.  Aleve (double dose) can fend off the worst of it.  Muscle relaxers help too.  It is maddening to accept this as daily life, but it is better than it was before. 

I would say that weather is a HUGE factor in the headaches.  Humid and hot are the worst for me.  I have all sorts of strange symptoms, but again, i know why and that is a huge help in dealing with them. 

x
Carrie
"when you reach the end of the rainbow there's always another color!"
finally diagnosed 8/08
retro surgery scheduled nov. 17 at boston medical
there is a tennis ball in my ear!! at least it feels like it.