Author Topic: Hello from a Newbie  (Read 5508 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Hello from a Newbie
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 10:12:49 am »
Mtn Gal,
Welcome to the AN site. Well, here's the skinny on what I could do three weeks post-op fom my surgery for a very similarly sized tumor. Zip-zero-zilch. I basically had to have a full-time nursie for about 2 months.  At 2 months, I actually made a salad. Housework, driving, groceries?  More like 5 months for me. That's when my migraines kicked in and I was down for the count again for quite a while.  Not everyone gets those, however.

Folks who have smaller tumors generally have greater balance and dizziness issues than those with larger tumors, their balance systems are more affected because with larger tumors, the balance system has already started to compensate for the lack of information it is recieving from the tumor side. Does that make sense?

Hence the choice of radiosurgery for a lot of us. On the flip side, with surgery, the thing is gone, gone, gone for most of us. No bi-yearly MRI's. The outcome of either choice seems to be quite unpredictable.

The bottom line is, do your homework. There is a great article on both choices which I can email to you--send me a message.

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 09:13:12 pm »
Hey Forum Folks!!
Can you believe that Mtn Gal lives about 10 minutes away from me and works at the same university as Dr. Love?
This ol' world is tooooooo smalll!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 09:54:16 pm »
Yeah it is... IMO, iit's nice to have someone so close that's been through what one is going through!