Author Topic: Trippler AMC  (Read 1738 times)

Mels Hub

Trippler AMC
« on: April 24, 2006, 01:26:18 am »
I'm putting the details of my wifes AN experience in the Gen Disc & Post Treatment boards, however I wanted to put in a reassuring word for those that are military and are required to use Military Hospitals or have to pay out of pocket.
Long story short, my wife was diagnosed with a 1 x 1 cm AN on Valentines Day (yipee :-[) and had tumor removal done on Feb 28th, just two weeks later.  The surgeons were Dr. Martin (neuro) and Dr. Ramsey (ENT).  I absolutely cannot say enough great things about this team!  Prior to the surgery we were reading through the posts and recommendations here and had a lot of second, third, fourth, etc. thoughts on if, where, how, when, who, etc.  This team doesn't have the "recommended" experience in AN removal.  They only see military patients in Hawaii so the patient base is small. Dr. Ramsey is well trained (Harvard), and seemed confident of a successful outcome.  Between seeing and talking to the two Docs and a great deal of praying and contemplation we decided to go with them.  Again, I can't say enough about how well they did and how great the follow up care has been!  They truly are a great team and those of us in the military are very fortunate to have someone like them taking care of us and our families.  I know they have done two more since my wifes operation and have been told that they also are doing well.  Having an AN has to be one of the scariest experiences in a persons life, a lot of questions and uncertainty come up, knowing that you have good doctors there to help you is very reassuring and lends to a lot of calmness to the ordeal.
I admire all of you and your strength, good luck and God Bless.
1 x 1 cm left AN, removed Feb 28th at Trippler AMC, Dr.'s Ramsey & Martin

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Trippler AMC
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:39:56 am »
well, being born/raised in Boston, I'm kinda partial to those Harvard trained dr's (as my team in town here are all on the staff at Harvard as well). THRILLED Melissa was in great hands and it really is refreshing to hear about the military hospitals and their success stories.

My best wishes to you all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"