Author Topic: Quietus ??  (Read 2957 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Quietus ??
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »
Anyone hear anything about "Quietus" which is a tinnitus reliever that I've been hearing ALOT of commercials on the radio for?  Anyone have any feedback?

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Quietus ??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:35:42 pm »
Brian ~

I've seen ads for 'Quietus' on TV.  It's homeopathic and so avoids FDA scrutiny.  Hmmmm.  I have a feeling it's expensive but that is mere speculation.  It would seem to be too good to be true but then, anything is possible.  Frankly, I hope it's for real and does resolve tinnitus, but I would hate to see tinnitus sufferers scammed.  I would guess that a homeopathic remedy would require lifetime applications (it comes in drops) and so, you would be buying the drops forever and while that could get problematic, it might be worth it for some - but count me out.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:58 pm »
Brian -

I heard some commercials on the radio for Quietus about a year ago.  I remember searching the web at the time, but didn't find anything.

I don't suffer from tinnitus, but I know lots on the Forum do so I thought it might be something helpful for them.

I'm with Jim; I think it's just a scam.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 11:58:50 am »
I resurrected this thread because my adult son was at the ENT's office today to have some built-up wax removed (the procedure was very successful) and, although he doesn't suffer with tinnitus, he knows that I do (mild case, thankfully) so he asked the doctor about Quietus.

The doctor replied that Quietus is, in his words "nothing more than a placebo".   He said that if you perceive it as helping, your tinnitus seems to be 'better'.  At $99. for 60 pills, I'll pass.  I also expect government regulatory agencies to start going after the manufacturer for deceptive advertising practices any day now.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:04:15 pm »
Also, isn't it supposed to work on the cochlea somehow?  (Is that wild speculation or where did I hear that?)  I'm pretty sure that the tinnitus most of us suffer from isn't related to our cochlea.
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

lori67

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 05:34:40 pm »
The commercial says something about restoring healthy cochlear function.  For those of us without a cochlear nerve, I think it would take more than a dose of Quietus!

And Jim, I had no idea it was that expensive!   :o

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.