Author Topic: funny things we think we see  (Read 2650 times)

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
funny things we think we see
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:47:13 pm »
As a spin off of the hearing thread, does anyone else with eye issues ever 'see' things?

What I mean is, with all the drops and goo in my left (AN) eye, I really don't see out of it, so with the right eye doing all the work, I sometimes have issues with depth perception and some 'optical illusions' it causes.
Tonight I was looking out the back window for close to an hour, looking at this 'kitten' in the yard. After it stayed in the same place (I thought it was staring at a mouse or bug on the ground) the whole time, I went outside and yelled "hey kitten!" Then I realized it wasn't a kitten, but a combination of a shadow and a place where the snow had melted and ground showed through. I swear it looked like a cat! But my husband laughed at me for awhile for yelling at an invisible cat.
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

Kaybee

Re: funny things we think we see
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:28:16 am »
This is not as funny as talking to a kitten, but I often "see" people behind me which is really unsettling when I think I'm home alone. 
2 x 3 x 4 cm tumor removed at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis 10/30/09
Left facial paralyis/SSD (showed first signs of improvement at approximately 6 months post-op)