Author Topic: So many problems  (Read 3370 times)

phx

So many problems
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:26:43 pm »
I have so many problems going on with me that I can't even tell if it's from stress or my tumor. I've got headaches, backaches, dizziness, balancing problems, eye problems, you name it. Weird thing is that it gets really bad, then better. Then it'll get really bad again and then better again. For the last 2 months, I've felt like i'm just floating. I don't know how to explain it, but the way I see things makes me feel like I'm just dreaming. My eyesight isn't always good, so I'm very careful when I drive. I find though that if I wear sunglasses, they help with my vision. So, now I'm wondering, if it's my tumor causing my vision, or if it's because my eyesight's starting to go? I'm quite young yet and I've never worn or gotten glasses in my life. I'm debating if I should go see an eye doctor before my surgery or after my surgery. If it's my tumor, the bad vision might go away and I wouldn't need the glasses, but what if it's not? Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!

Amplified2000

• Loose nut behind the wheel
Re: So many problems
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:15:45 am »
I too have had a lot of the same symptoms.. most can be contributed to the tumor directly.. the rest are likely stress induced. That being said there is no harm in going to see the eye doctor just to make sure.. I need to go just to get new glasses, they never let me wear my contacts in the hospital and I'll be damned if I'll sit there half-deaf AND blind during my recovery.. there will be Olympic Medal Hockey games being played that I don't care to miss.

Hang in there brotato, it will all work out in the end.

See you on the other side meho
10th Cranial Nerve Neuroma - 4.6cm x 4.2cm x 6.8cm - Removed 5/08 by Dr. John Leonnetti @ Loyola University
AN - Left IAC - 20mm x 9mm x 11mm - 2/10
Mid-Fossa - Dr. Friedman @ HEI on 3/3/10
Total removal, only mild hearing loss.. did have a CSF leak but they fixed it :)
Home recovering :)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 04:37:18 pm »
Pat ~

I hope you'll soon be able to gain more control over your situation because I suspect that some of your physical problems are a manifestation of stress, induced by the knowledge that you have a brain tumor and that you'll be having serious surgery in a few weeks, without knowing exactly what the outcome of the surgery will be.  As many, many people have assured you in other posts, your anxiety is normal but you shouldn't allow it to take over your life.  Easier said than done, I know, but we've all been there and it can be done.

Although, from what you posted, I suspect that your eyesight is normal, an eye examanination might put you at ease.  However, if the AN is actually affecting your eyesight, the removal operation may well alter your vision (for the better).  However, for peace of mind, I would suggest that you schedule an eye examination.  Be sure to tell the Ophthalmologist about your AN.  I doubt you'll require glasses but you won't know until you have the examination.  Even if you didn't need the glasses after the surgery, if you need them now you should have them.  Your eyesight might be the source of your headaches...I have no idea.  I would rather see you have your eyesight checked by an Ophthalmologist and either get glasses or at least put your mind at ease that your vision is normal. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:19:29 pm »
Hi Phx

I can understand your frustration, I seem to have a lot of problems too.  My latest trick seems to be related to intercranial pressure.  When the pressure in my head gets up my left (AN side) eye goes almost blind.  This is just for a few seconds but really is quite scary.  My hearing in my only good ear seems to fluctuate in and out too.  I am just going to hope it al goes away when they take it out. Stress is most likely causing some problems too but I am trying to stay relaxed and reading surgery outcomes on this site has helped me feel a sense of calm.

Hang in there, it will all work out in the end Im sure.

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010