Author Topic: No BAHA today :(  (Read 4277 times)

tenai98

No BAHA today :(
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:58:31 pm »
I was to get my BAHA intenso today. But after a discussion with my audiologist we decided to wiat. Here is her reasonning.
intenso is on its way out
she may be able to program the BP100 better for me then the intenso (remember my good ear is sligthly hard of heaing)
i may want to consider waiting awhile to see when the BP200 becomes availble..
So I am off to Florida for a month and will get to demo a BP100 when I get back. The intenso is there for me if I want it but once it is programmed for me, I cant return it...so I will wait the month out and try the BP100 while hoping the BP200 announces its release date.
If anyone as info on release date or potiental release date, pls let me know
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Kencutus

• "Hearing Resistance is Futile!"
Re: No BAHA today :(
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:10:35 pm »
I would be interested to see what Cochlear would offer to replace the Intenso model.  I wear a pair of Intenso.  It's a shame that they quit the production too soon to have the new one coming out.   I haven't heard a release date yet.  I'll keep watching their site.  I'll let you know if I hear anything.
"Hearing Resistance is Futile!"
Treacher Collin's Syndrome
First surgery left side 12-08, Baha Intenso 3-09
Abbutment came loose on 5-09
Bilateral Baha surgery 6-09 Baha refitted 9-09
Richard & Mark Wiet MD from Ear Institute of Chicago.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:11:50 pm »
Jo ~

I'm sorry to learn that your long-awaited BAHA 'Gotcha! day has been postponed, but I can see your audiologist's reasoning on this delay, which will most likely end up being to your benefit. 

I don't know the BP200 release date but if anyone does, it will be Jan, who has the Cochlear folks on speed dial and is very familiar with their new products and marketing strategies.  I'm sure she'll be posting here soon, possibly with the date you're looking for. 

Enjoy Florida!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:25:28 pm »
I don't know the BP200 release date but if anyone does, it will be Jan,

Speak of the devil and she shall appear  :D

I haven't seen anything on the Cochlear site announcing a date yet and I don't think it's because I somehow missed it.  Ken (Kencutus) is on the Cochlear Community more than I am and it sounds like he hasn't seen a release date either.  In fact, right now most of what I've read about an upgrade to the Intenso is rumors that it's in the works and will be available in "the Spring".

I'm curious where Jo got the name "BP200".  I know there's been speculation about that name here on the Forum, but I've never seen the potential Intenso upgrade called that on the Cochlear site.  I'd be a little surprised if this is the name they go with.  To me the name BP200 sounds like an upgrade to the BP100; rather than a name for an Intenso upgrade.  I may be wrong though; I am sometimes  ;)

Ken and I will keep our eyes open and let you know of a release date as soon as we see something.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:40:04 am »

I'm curious where Jo got the name "BP200".  I know there's been speculation about that name here on the Forum, but I've never seen the potential Intenso upgrade called that on the Cochlear site. 

I think this is strictly speculation -- as far as I know an "official" name has not been announced. I'm another one who's anxiously awaiting the upgrade.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

tenai98

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 06:45:29 am »
yes i agree, speculation on the new intenso upgrade as being referred to BP200...and Jan's theory makes sense...BP200 would be an upgrade from BP100...I'm guessing BP stands for BAHA processor...hmmm maybe intenso will be BPE (extra)..lol
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

grega

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 09:08:15 am »
Hi ...... in another thread I began on the 22nd (BAHA "event"), I posted this morning in follow-up to that BAHA conference in Balto MD.  At the bottom, I said that the Cochlear VP and a woman from hdqrts in Sweden both alluded to an Intenso upgrade .... sans model # .... but did not let any release dates slip out.  Probably a ways away from seeing that one, so soon on the heels of BP100. 

But that's just an assumption on my part.

Keep smiling!
Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

tenai98

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 09:40:02 am »
Im just going to have to find out how 'hard of hearing' my good ear is...I think its 96% word recognition....and mild sensineurol (spelling) loss...so maybe the BP100 will be ok for me...something for me to ask my audiologist and maybe contact cochlear about.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 10:41:28 am »
Jo,

Given how minor your good ear's loss is, I agree that the BP100 may certainly be worth pursuing. The House audiologist had given me the range of loss that the BP100 could accommodate, and I posted it somewhere on the forum a few months ago.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »
Apparently rumors of an upgrade to the Intenso this Spring are not correct.

See this thread http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=11764.0

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways