Author Topic: AN patients in North Carolina  (Read 3235 times)

turbomom

AN patients in North Carolina
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:19:31 pm »
Hi everyone,
I am a newly diagnosed patient and I live in North Carolina. I am looking for anyone else that lives in the nearby area to chat with concerning their choice of hospitals and doctors. I have been to see a physician that is in the NC Baptist Hospital system. I am wondering if there is another group of docs that I should get a second opinion with. I look forward to hearing from anyone.
Lisa
tinnitus, mild hearing loss, occasional light-headiness, rare imbalance. Diagnosed on 07/09; 14x9x8mm intra and extra canalicular of left ear. Repeat MRI on 1/15/10...waiting for radiologist to read, but on quick review little growth shown.

Kaybo

Re: AN patients in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:13:28 pm »
Hi Lisa and WELCOME!
I don't live in any Carolina but just wanted to say welcome and make your self at home.  If you would like to chat, in general, about the whole AN journey, I'd be happy to call you...just PM me your info and a good time to call!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:41:43 pm »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the Forum.

Like Kaybo, I don't live in North Carolina but thought I'd respond to your post.  We are all here to help you with questions, concerns, etc., so please don't hesitate to ask us anything.  Also don't be afraid to vent - we've all been there and know what you are going through.

I searched the Forum but didn't come up with anyone from North Carolina.  It's possible I overlooked someone though.

If you contact the ANA they will send you their informational brochures as well as a WTT (willing to talk) list.  There may be someone from North Carolina on the list.

Jan

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:43:17 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:25:45 am »
Hi Lisa.

I don't live in NC, but I'm close -  in Virginia Beach.  I had my surgery when I lived in Nashville (trust me, I'm going somewhere with this..) but my surgeon has since moved to Duke in NC.   I don't know any of the other doctors there, but I highly recommend him if you're interested in checking him out.  Let me know and I can give you his contact information if he's in your area.

I know there were a few forumites who had their surgery at Duke so maybe they'll chime in here too.

Good luck!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.