Author Topic: Knoxville, TN Physicians?  (Read 2933 times)

RichardMS

Knoxville, TN Physicians?
« on: January 08, 2010, 02:24:30 pm »
Any suggestion for Neuro and ENT doctors in Knoxville, TN? I'm moving there and am post-surgery on an AN and have a BAHA... Any help would be much obliged.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:29:51 pm by RichardMS »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Knoxville, TN Physicians?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:38:36 pm »
Richard -

Lori (lori67) lives in Virginia Beach now, but she moved from Nashville, TN not too long ago.  She had AN surgery and has a BAHA also.

I don't know how far Knoxville is from Nashville (I'm geographically challenged  ;) ) but I know she had some great docs there.

If she doesn't see & respond to this post, you might want to PM her.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

Re: Knoxville, TN Physicians?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 10:14:28 am »
Hi Richard!

I had my surgery in Nashville when I lived there - just moved to VA last summer but still have my docs on speed dial in case something comes up.

It is a little bit of a ride for you, but if you're post op and don't need to be seen much, I'd say it's probably worth the trip. 

I went to Vanderbilt Otology Group (they have offices in Vandy and also at St. Thomas hospital nearby).  I also saw an audiologist at Vanderbilt that does BAHA's.  I read they are actually the second largest distributor of BAHA's in the US, after Cochlear in Colorado.  They are very knowledgable, and what I really liked was that they have a walk-in FREE repair clinic for any minor repairs.

Vanderbilt is huge and pretty much any type of doctor you need is right there.  One stop shopping!  Look in your phone book though, because I know they have some offices in other parts of TN, so there may very well be something in Knoxville.

If you want to PM me, I'll send you the contact information and some names.  Also, the names of some good places to eat while you're in Nashville!   :D

Good luck on your move!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.