Author Topic: A Long absence, and unwelcome news.  (Read 5987 times)

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
Re: A Long absence, and unwelcome news.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 12:32:12 pm »
I am so sorry Laura.  I can not imagine.  I'm glad you came back for support, as no one can quite understand what anyone personally has been through-but the combined journeys of everyone on here come close.

Huge ((hugs))

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

moe

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 12:38:03 pm »
Laura,
I'm so sorry you had to receive this news, especially this month.
You sound like a trooper and have every reason to have your emotional breakdown. I would have to.
Once the shock wears off (again) I know you'll be on top of things.
There is a lot of mental anguish just  knowing that your future could still throw you a whammy, as Cheryl mentioned.
The AN journey is really life long for many people, and that makes life not as fun. (Tinnitus rules my life).
But life is what you make it and you will MAKE IT GOOD!!!
Hang in there.
My prayers are with you,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

jerseygirl

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 02:10:07 pm »
Laura,

I just logged on after a few days absence and found your post. I am really sorry to hear about another AN. I can't even imagine what I would do under the circumstances.  I am also sincerely sorry about your bad experience at SBI. Maybe, you can shed some light on it. That would be helpful to others.  I know, insurance is a nightmare, I have been through it. Take care and no matter how difficult the news are, it's wonderful to hear from you.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Keri

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 10:14:41 pm »
Laura,
I am so sorry about your news. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks, and started reading the updates from the last two weeks. When I saw that Rich had posted something about you last week, I was thinking  "OH NO - what happened to Laura?"
I will be  hoping and praying for you - physically and emotionally.What a difficult time.
I'll be checking back for updates on you. We're all here for you and care about you very much!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Vivian B.

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 09:36:56 pm »
Hi Laura,

I am sorry to hear that what you are going through, but sounds like you made a great comeback from the first AN and you will do it again if you have to. It's great that you came back to the forum and you will feel better just chatting with people that are going through the same thing.

Vivian 
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.