Author Topic: This Week 12/20 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 2248 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 12/20 in the AN Calendar World
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:53:09 pm »
Well this is going to be a lengthy post.

Two of our forumites, Kim (zinger1905), and Steve (sgerrard) are in the December issue of the ANA monthly newsletter “Notes”.

For those of you who may not know Kim, she had retrosigmoid surgery on 2/09/09, and was the 11th recipient of The Magic Scarf. You can read Kimberly’s story about “Manny”, her AN, at:

http://adventureswithmanny.blogspot.com

Steve as you know is one of our most cherished Global Moderators here on the forum.

Thank you both very much :)

Tuesday Brenda (Sobes) is having middle fossa surgery.  Bren we are glad that the insurance issues got straightened out, and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for an uncomplicated successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Wednesday Cathy (Dog Lover) is celebrating her birthday.  Cathy was the 4th recipient of The Magic Scarf.  Happy Birthday Cathy, we hope you have great day.

Friday is Christmas

Saturday is Boxing Day in Canada

Also on Saturday Steve (sgerrard), and Sue (suboo73) are celebrating their birthdays.  Happy Birthday to the two of you, hope you have great days also.

Congratulations to our newest Posties, Sharon (shabuck), Tammy (Tamster), Jay (jaylogs), Cathy (Anrookie), and Lyn (lawmama).  It sounds like everyone is doing well, however we haven’t heard any news on Sharon (shabuck), or Cathy (Anrookie) yet.

A special note: The Magic Scarf did triple duty last week.  Tammy met Carol from Honolulu, who was having her surgery just before Tammy.  I don’t think Carol is on this forum, however I believe Tammy was kind enough to share the story of The Magic Scarf and it’s powers, after Tammy's surgery her husband Jim pasted it to Jay.  COOL 8)

To those still having an up hill battle, new complications, and regrowth: Kathy (Kathy M), Laura (allegro17), Jo (tenai98), and Doc (DoctorB), you are all in our prayers, as are all that are recovering.

Happy Holidays to everyone,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: This Week 12/20 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:10:54 pm »
Good luck, Bren.  You sure have the positive attitude required to get you through in great form.  We'll be watching for updates.
Happy Birthdays to Cathy, Steve, and Sue.

Thinking of all my fellow ANers who were new to my life just a year ago and sending many thanks and wishes for happy holidays,
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:44:18 pm »
Thanks, Rich.  Good job, as always.

Brenda (Sobes) has my warmest wishes and is in my prayers for a successful and uncomplicated surgery.

Happy Birthday to my fellow moderator, Steve (sgerrard) and to another valued forumite, Sue (suboo73). 

Congratulations to the 5 latest 'posties'.  May your recoveries continue apace. 

Congratulations are also in order for Kim (zinger1905) and Steve (sgerrard) for their respective contributions published in the December edition of the ANA newsletter 'Notes'.

To all the AN folks struggling with post-op issues and further complications, I wish you a rapid victory over your challenges and of course, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

suboo73

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:04:16 pm »
Rich,

This is such a busy week!  Thank you, once again, for such a great summary.
Special prayers to all the posties who are recovering - may you feel better each and every day.
Brenda - prayers all around that you are also recovering from surgery.  Remember the first 3 days don't count.

Congrats to Kim & Steve for their contributions in the Newsletter!  Your stories will help many understand what ANs are all about.

Happy Birthday, Cathy!  Hope you are doing well and enjoy your special day!!
Happy Birthday, Steve - i always knew you must be special, since you share my birth date!  ;D

Thank you to all who have been on the Forum - I never would have imagined a year ago, how many wonderful folks i have met here.

Peace and Joy.
Sincerely,

Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:58:31 am »
Rich,

Thanks as always for the wonderful update.

Brenda - I hope your surgery went well on Tuesday and that things just get better from here on out.  Remember to listen to your body and rest, rest, rest.  I'm sending wishes for a quick, uneventful recovery and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Steve and Kim - Congratulations!

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!

Continued wellness wishes to those of you recovering from surgery.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!