Author Topic: Dec 9th at House, it's coming FAST!!!  (Read 8471 times)

another NY postie

Re: Dec 9th at House, it's coming FAST!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 11:58:53 am »
Today is the day and I remember this day for me well!  You should be in OR now in the great hands of Dr. Brackmann - sending you lots of prayers and best wishes for a great outcome.
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »
Jay your in the best place you could possibly be. Wishing you the best.

Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

opp2

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 07:29:43 pm »
Well Jay, It's 5:28 your time. Here's fingers crossed (typing is very hard this way) that all is going fab!!! I'll be thinking of you.

Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 10:04:11 pm »
Just read an update from Jay's wife. He's out of surgery. Everything appears to have went well, tumor removed and he was complaining of a headache.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston/journal

Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

mssophy

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 11:50:59 pm »
OMG!
I think I was with you in the lobby waiting for Dr. House on Tuesday!
I had my initial consult with him at 9am and walked in with a group of other patients. I remember Dr. House telling some of the patients, "OK. See ya this afternoon."
I hope all went as planned for you.
How funny how paths cross, huh?
If you need anything while you are out here in LA, please let me know. I am home most of the day!
Sophia (mssophy) age 36
1.3 cm AN left side diagnosed 10/20/09. Was undecided then surgery was postponed due to pregnancy. Tumor removed 02/14/12 at USC. Deaf in AN ear. Baha implant but no device yet. New symptoms in 2014; possible regrowth; pending MRI

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 12:56:34 am »
Jay,

Thinking about you... wondering how you are doing...

HUGS

Daisy Head Mazy
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!