Author Topic: upgrade from Baha Divino to BP-100?  (Read 10492 times)

JerseyGirl2

Re: upgrade from Baha Divino to BP-100?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 09:35:02 am »
Jo,

I believe that the BP100 can be programmed to accommodate some degree of hearing loss in the good ear, but I'm not sure of the parameters. That would be a good question for your audiologist. And I would also suggest that you ask about the Intenso -- it's specifically designed for those whose good ear isn't perfect, and I imagine (and hope!) that there will be a BP version of the Intenso in the not-too-distant future.

Good luck as your plans progress.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)

Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 04:48:44 pm »
I imagine (and hope!) that there will be a BP version of the Intenso in the not-too-distant future.

Catherine -

from what I hear from Cochlear, they are currently working on an upgrade for the Intenso - so it's just a matter of time before one is released.  I think they also say this on their website.

Jo -

I don't know if the BP100 can be programmed to help with less than "perfect" hearing in your good ear like Catherine suggests, but it's worth asking your audiologist.  If not, you should probably go with the Intenso.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 08:39:59 pm »

I don't know if the BP100 can be programmed to help with less than "perfect" hearing in your good ear like Catherine suggests, but it's worth asking your audiologist.  If not, you should probably go with the Intenso.

I looked up one of my earlier posts on this -- I had e-mailed my audiologist at House Ear to ask her about the BP100. She replied that it could be programmed for an average loss of 0-30dB. I assume the "0" means perfect hearing; I honestly have no idea how well or poorly someone with a 30dB loss can hear, but I imagine it's not a very severe loss.

And thanks for the heads-up on the Intenso upgrade, Jan! I'm going to check out the website.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)

Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ