Author Topic: Proton radiation for my hemangioma at MGH  (Read 11928 times)

lholl36233

Re: Proton radiation for my hemangioma at MGH
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 05:46:00 pm »
Thanks Phyl,

I still feel good 4 treatments in.  I'll be going in this Sunday because the center is closed Thanksgiving and the day after.

In the waiting room today, I met people from Tennessee and Ohio.  Both of whom said I was lucky I lived so close.

Couldn't have said it better myself....
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

lholl36233

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:15 pm »
Hi, I feel like sharing.

I saw Dr. Loeffler today.  He asked if I was having any problems and if there was any change in my hearing or face.  The answer to all questions was no.  He wanted to know how I was commuting everyday.

Then it was, "See you next week".

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 04:59:03 pm »
Hi, Laura ~

You seem to be progressing through the radiation quite well, just as I expected you would.  Thanks for the updates, they are appreciated.

I met many nice folks while waiting for my daily FSR treatments back in the autumn of '06.  Because the facility was a cancer treatment center, most of the people I met in the waiting room were battling cancer and yet, all were cordial and most seemed interested in learning something about my AN experience.  These folks made me realize that, despite my frustrations over having to deal with all the ramifications of an acoustic neuroma (a benign tumor), how fortunate I really was.  Considering my excellent outcome from both surgery and FSR, to this day, I feel blessed.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

epc1970

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 06:01:36 pm »
Hi Laura
I'm happy to read that you are doing so well! Thank you for updating us on your progress!
Erin

MLB57

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 08:25:51 am »
 :D Hi Laura,

Just checking in and glad to know all is going well (as we expected)..

Yes, it's in and out with Loeffler. Kinda makes you realize that these treatmernts have really become routine

Hope you and your Mom and family have a great Thnaksgiving!!! ;D

Regards,   Mary (aka Grammy Mary)  :D
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

lholl36233

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 02:51:18 pm »
I had to go in today because the Proton Center is closed Thursday and Friday.

I'm getting better at getting in and out of the machine.

Happy Thanksgiving Mary!