Author Topic: This Week 11/15 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 3199 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 11/15 in the AN Calendar World
« on: November 15, 2009, 01:41:32 pm »
Monday: Mike (loose screws) is having Middle Fossa surgery.  Mike we will be praying that you have a successful surgery tomorrow, and that your recovery is swift and without complication. Let "The Magic Scarf" work it's powers :)

Also on Monday: Happy Anniversary to Greg (grega) as he celebrates 5 years since he had retrosigmoid surgery.

On Wednesday, Brenda’s (teff) BAHA Gotcha Day is finally here.  We hope everything goes well and that you thoroughly enjoy your new experience.

We will continue to hold good thoughts for those of you on your road to recovery.

Rich & Scarlett
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:44:14 pm by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 11/15 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:46:29 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks, as always for this weeks update. 

Mike will have a ton of folks thinking of and praying for him on Monday (16th).  I'm one of them.

Happy 5th surgery 'anniversary' to Greg.  May the next 5 years be good ones for him.

Congratulations to Brenda on her BAHA Gotcha Day (Wednesday, 18th).  I hope the BAHA is all Brenda wants it to be.

I share those good thoughts for those continuing their recovery, Rich, and so do we all, I'm sure. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:06:40 pm »
Mucho gracias Richardo!  Well done! :) 

Healing hugglez to all those feel the need.... speshal ANniversary wishes to my Grega!  For those not doing so hot in life, know that I am thinking of you and sending wellness wishes your way.  Be well all!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:30:18 pm »
Best of luck tomorrow, Mike.  I'm confident things will go well for you.  Remember, as Steve likes to say, the first 3 days post op don't count!

Grega - congrats on the 5 year milestone!  Have a beer for me - and one for Lori, too  ;D

I'll try to remember to check in with Brenda later this week and get an update from her on her gotcha day, since she still can't log into the Forum  :( 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:25 am »
Hello,

Mike - I hope your surgery goes really well and you'll be on to recovery soon.

Greg - happy 5th anniversary!

Brenda - I hope the BAHA procedure works well. Congrats to you on more and better hearing!

Rich - thanks for the updates. I hope you're not too torn up about that 4th down call and subsequent .... dare i say..... ne    LOSS! hard to believe. my team (cowboys) looked pathetic the whole game! i gave up on the game last night because i was convinced NE had it.

Have a good week everyone!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 12:30:12 pm »
Rich,

Thanks as always for the update.

Mike - I hope your surgery goes well and that there are no complications.  Hopefully before you know it you'll be home and on the road to recovery.

Greg - happy 5th anniversary!

Brenda - I'm excited for you for your upcoming BAHA gotcha day!  I hope you find BAHA as amazing as I do!

Best wishes to all,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Sobes

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 01:09:38 pm »
Good luck Mike~ many prayers and positive thoughts going out to you!!

Bren~
Small AN, left side, Oct. 22 2009
Surgery Dec. 22 @ UW Madison (wonderful doctors)
SSD (left side)

Vivian B.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 05:50:34 pm »
Hi Rich,

Thanks for taking the time to update us.

Best wishes to everyone and sending prayers your way.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

grega

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:18 pm »
Hi everyone ...... thanks for all your good wishes .... specially to you, Jim, for thoughts on the next 5.  And Phyl .... that WAS schertainly scpeshal of ya !

This is late in the evening (as I prep to watch the Ravens beat the Browns), so in a few days when Mike finally sees this and the other good thoughts sent his way, may he realize that we've all been praying for him.

And Brenda, so glad your 'gotcha day' is almost here!  YEEEEE - HAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!

Jan .... I plan to have that brew in your and Lori's honors .... think I'll skip the dunking for baha this time   ::)  HA!

Hugs to all !!!!!!!!!!
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 08:32:54 am »
I just noticed that Brenda (teff) is back to posting under a new user ID (teffaz)

Welcome back, Teff!!!  Happy almost GOTCHA day!  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways