Author Topic: JAN and LORI!!!  (Read 4145 times)

Jeepers

JAN and LORI!!!
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:44:48 pm »
Youse guys are THE BEST!!  ;D

I received my BAHA Recovery Kit today ... and I can't stop smiling! What a great idea and such a kind and generous effort on your parts.

I especially love the CLAPPER and will bring it with me to celebrate after the deed is done!

As a sidenote ...
I don't get around to posting as often as many, but I would just like to say thanks to all the folks who lend many valuable hours here to answer questions, share experiences and genuinely care about both the physical and emotional wellbeing of those who seek out help.

As I extend hugs to you all, Jan and Lori are at the top of the list of "special" people in this forum as they actively look out for so many who come their way.

YOU'RE THE BEST!!  :)
Diagnosed 2003-right side-1cm AN
Wait and watch for 6 yrs; 2009 showed growth w/balance issues
Translab 7/9/09 - Drs. Battista/Kazan (Hinsdale IL); SSD
Recovering well!

lori67

Re: JAN and LORI!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:17:54 pm »
Oh, phew!!!!

I saw "Jan and Lori" in bold print and thought we were in trouble....again....   :-[

Good luck and I hope the countdown to "Gotcha Day" goes quickly!!

And you like the clapper the best?  Don't tell me Jan at all the chocolate again....  >:(

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:49:36 pm »
HA!  I most certainly did NOT eat the chocolate, Lori - Jeepers got a full bag.  Although I have to admit, I was sooooo tempted - chocolate being my worse habit  ::)

Jeepers -

that was a record delivery, I just mailed the kit yesterday.  I'm very glad you got it in time for your surgery. 

I took the liberty of putting your big date with one of my favorite docs on the AN Calendar.  One week and counting!!!  I hope you're as excited as I was  ;D

I love making the kits; between Lori and I we've probably sent out about 25 I'm guessing.  Wendy (wendysig) was our first proud recipient and I just sent out another one today to Lauren (ombrerose4) who is having her BAHA surgery on 1/4/10.

Lori will be creating the next two kits and then we'll have to get started on that garage surgery business we never got around to establishing!  ;)  :D

Happy BAHA!

Best,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 10:21:14 pm »
Small problem...Lori doesn't have a garage anymore, but we can use mine - it's a TRIPLE!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:28:05 am »
I guess if we move the lawn mower and bikes out of the way, we can use my shed.....
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 08:20:47 pm »
Garage, shed, whatever.  As long as we have all the tools.

Anyone with spare drills, screw drivers, saws, etc., send them to Lori.

Hmmm, let's see I have her mailing address here somewhere  ;)  :D

Okay, back on topic before Phyl catches us and moves this thread to the Community ::)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 11:58:44 am »
Jeepers -

I just wanted to wish you luck with  your BAHA surgery.  It really is a piece of cake and hopefully, you will love your BAHA as much as I do.  I also  thought that as the first BAHA kits recipient, I'd throw in my two cents!  Jan and Lori's  BAHA kits are the BEST!  Cochlear sent me one also which contained useful items,  but Jan and Lori's  was definitely far superior.  Cochlear's kit contained useful items  but had no chocolate or fun stuff. 

Jan and Lori,

You two are great for doing this for our fellow BAHA wearing members.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ombrerose4

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:16 pm »
Jan and Lori, you guys really are amazing. The BAHA kit is wonderful. Alan, (my soon to be hubby) and I were so touched. Everything in it is so practical, especially the chocolate!. Honestly, Alan and I are so impressed with this forum- the support it gives, the advice it offers and the great humor of everyone on it. I imagine you guys are paying for this out of your own pockets, and if so I would love to donate something to the cause. Please let me know. I think Cochlear should know how supportive you are of the BAHA- maybe you'll get future discounts from them! Again, thank you so much, Lauren
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:57 pm »
Awww, Wendy & Lauren, you're making me blush  :-[  You guys are so sweet  ;D

Lauren -

I can't speak for Lori, but I could never accept money for the kits - it's something I get a huge kick out of sending to people; kind of like spreading BAHA cheer  ;D  And in light of that, the monetary cost is very minimal. 

I still remember how scary it was being diagnosed with an AN and how frustrated I was being SSD prior to getting my BAHA, so if I can send someone chocolate and a few inexpensive items and make their day - that's good enough for me.

Jan

lori67

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 08:41:28 pm »
Ditto what Jan said!  It's just fun to put a smile on someone's face, especially when they're stressed out over yet another surgery coming up.  Besides, the people at the party store are probably going crazy trying to figure out why I'm always in there buying such an odd array of items - and that's fun too!   :D

Now, if you can get Cochlear to cut me a break on an upgrade to the BP100, or maybe a discount on batteries...that would be good!   ;)

Don't tell Jan, but when I buy the chocolate for the kit, I buy some for myself too!   :P

Lori

Jeepers

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 09:25:00 am »
Jeepers -

I just wanted to wish you luck with  your BAHA surgery.  It really is a piece of cake and hopefully, you will love your BAHA as much as I do.  I also  thought that as the first BAHA kits recipient, I'd throw in my two cents!  Jan and Lori's  BAHA kits are the BEST!  Cochlear sent me one also which contained useful items,  but Jan and Lori's  was definitely far superior.  Cochlear's kit contained useful items  but had no chocolate or fun stuff. 

Jan and Lori,

You two are great for doing this for our fellow BAHA wearing members.

Wendy

Thanks, Wendy!   :)

Jan and Lori, you guys really are amazing. The BAHA kit is wonderful. Alan, (my soon to be hubby) and I were so touched. Everything in it is so practical, especially the chocolate!. Honestly, Alan and I are so impressed with this forum- the support it gives, the advice it offers and the great humor of everyone on it. I imagine you guys are paying for this out of your own pockets, and if so I would love to donate something to the cause. Please let me know. I think Cochlear should know how supportive you are of the BAHA- maybe you'll get future discounts from them! Again, thank you so much, Lauren

1!   :)
Diagnosed 2003-right side-1cm AN
Wait and watch for 6 yrs; 2009 showed growth w/balance issues
Translab 7/9/09 - Drs. Battista/Kazan (Hinsdale IL); SSD
Recovering well!