Author Topic: Latest update on my BP100  (Read 3535 times)

Sefra22

Latest update on my BP100
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:37:02 am »
So I went to the audiologist, Abby, for (hopefully) a final programming. I think one reason (the other being training) I am having so many issues with it is because of my work environment.

I prefer the music setting, (I work in a music/video store), but because off all the alarms I am exposed to everyday, having the "feedback manager" turned OFF, actually reduces the feedback I hear every time an alarm goes off.

Unfortunately, the way the programming works, I can only have one or the other per program. So, I now my program 1 is no "feedback manager", and program 2 is music. I have to switch to whichever works best at the time. I asked Abby to suggest to Cochlear to create another program where both can be used at the same time.

The good news is that is works great! I can hear great with it, just wish I could get the whole feedback situation dealt with.

We'll see....

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Latest update on my BP100
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:50:04 am »
Lisa -

I'm sorry - and somewhat shocked - to hear you're still having problems with feedback.  I'm glad that Abby's solution is working for you; I just wish there was a better remedy.

When I tried the BP100 earlier this week I asked the audiologist if my doc's patients were having problems.  She reported that there have been no problems with feedback.  The only issue she has seen is two patients had cracking around the "stem" on the device (the part where it attaches to your head) and that Cochlear had to replace the units.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sefra22

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 08:22:15 pm »
Hi Jan,
I really think my unique work environment has been the biggest challenge to overcome, as the BP100 seems to work great while I am in Abby's office.

But I am VERY pleased to report that since I had it tweaked on Wednesday, I have had no feedback, I am happy with the volume, and actually walked through the mall with my assistant yesterday, and could hear him talking on my deaf side! Imagine that! Walking with a man at least a foot taller than me, surrounded by Black Friday shoppers, and I heard every word.

Now....I feel I've arrived....

Thanks for your support, Jan!

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 03:48:21 pm »
Lisa ~

I just wanted to let you know that I've been following your thread (but had nothing constructive to add) and I'm delighted to learn that the 'kinks' have been worked out and your BAHA seems to be doing what you wanted it to do.  Congratulations!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:35:45 pm »
since I had it tweaked on Wednesday, I have had no feedback, I am happy with the volume, and actually walked through the mall with my assistant yesterday, and could hear him talking on my deaf side! Imagine that! Walking with a man at least a foot taller than me, surrounded by Black Friday shoppers, and I heard every word.

This is one of the best testaments to having a BAHA I've heard.  It will be very helpful to newbies considering the BAHA - and to those of us oldies who are considering an upgrade  ;D

I'm ecstatic to read this Lisa.  YEA!!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jeepers

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:13:32 pm »
since I had it tweaked on Wednesday, I have had no feedback, I am happy with the volume, and actually walked through the mall with my assistant yesterday, and could hear him talking on my deaf side! Imagine that! Walking with a man at least a foot taller than me, surrounded by Black Friday shoppers, and I heard every word.

This is one of the best testaments to having a BAHA I've heard.  It will be very helpful to newbies considering the BAHA - and to those of us oldies who are considering an upgrade  ;D

I'm ecstatic to read this Lisa.  YEA!!!

Jan

Yes, it certainly is, Jan ... and Lisa!

As Jan knows, I've been awaiting testimonials from BP100 users and it's great to hear problems are being resolved quickly. 

I'm growing old of constantly saying, "Huh?" ... and even more annoyed at my boss (bless her dorky heart) for talking to me V-E-R-Y L-O-U-D-L-Y and VERRRRRRRRRY SLOOOOOOWLY   ::)    :D
Diagnosed 2003-right side-1cm AN
Wait and watch for 6 yrs; 2009 showed growth w/balance issues
Translab 7/9/09 - Drs. Battista/Kazan (Hinsdale IL); SSD
Recovering well!