Author Topic: ANAA (Oz group) meeting in NSW  (Read 1926 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
ANAA (Oz group) meeting in NSW
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:42:57 pm »
Hi all,

On Saturday, we had our first Oz meeting in NSW with around 40 people attending. The ANAA (Acoustic Neuroma Association of Australasia) is based in Victoria but held its first meeting in NSW. We met in a country town called Goulburn (2 hours south west of Sidney) which is about the mid point for the NSW members. Looks like it will be a quarterly gathering going forward so thats great.

Kim (AKA Kimbo) is a fellow member and it was great catching up with her and meeting face to face and yes girly, I got an extra cusle from her via yourself. (i enjoyed that lol) The meeting was interesting in that we all introduced ourselves and told each other of our woes and in particular, there are a couple of very sad but inspirational stories of some members extreme difficulties but how they got through them with their courage and commitment.

We also heard from the carers, so often not appreciated as much as they should be. carers also have issues themselves but tend to us so well.

There were a few people in the watch and wait mode and I think they benefited the most from other experiences and reccomendations and thats fantastic. Sharing the word is the best research anyone can do.

I'll try and get some PICS in the next few days.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: ANAA (Oz group) meeting in NSW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:16:22 pm »
Laz ~

Congratulations on what seems to have been a very successful AN meeting!  40 members attended?  That's excellent!  Well done!  Now, awaiting photos.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:32:38 pm »
Sounds like a great meeting! I'm so glad you could all be there to hear the positive and the struggles and to support each other.
Where is NSW?

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 08:35:56 pm »
Awesome, Larry!  Helps to have something positive coming out of this thing.

Cheers,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode