Author Topic: This Week 10/25 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 2184 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 10/25 in the AN Calendar World
« on: October 24, 2009, 12:26:18 pm »
I’m posting the weekly update early because tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

Sunday is the ANA Discussion Forum New England Brunch in Worcester, Ma.  The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy in the 50's.  This will be the second time Scarlett and I will be attending the Brunch, and we are looking forward to seeing everyone again, meeting new faces, the apple dumplings, and lets not forget A HUG FROM PHYL ;) ;)

Tuesday Brenda (Brendalu) is having her 16th MRI.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers for great MRI results.

Wednesday Amy (newmommyLA) is having her Middle Fossa surgery.  Scarlett was the 13th recipient of The Magic Scarf, she had great results, and so will you.  You’ll be in our prayers.

Also on Wednesday Vivian (Vivian B.) is having a consult regarding her future AN treatment.  Vivian we know this is a scary time, but try to stay calm and don’t be afraid to ask the DR. any question, remember, there are no stupid questions.

Thursday Jo (tenai98) is having her first MRI follow up.  We’ll be praying that you have good results also.

Saturday is Halloween :o :o

For those of you in the recovery stage, we hope you improve daily.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 10/25 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 02:15:32 pm »
Thanks, Rich ~

Prayers and good vibes go out to Amy ('newmommyLA') on her Middle Fossa surgery at HEI in Los Angeles.  

Thoughts and prayers will also be with Brenda ('Brendalu') as she undergoes her next MRI scan.  I trust that Jo, ('tena98')  will enjoy a good follow-up consult regarding her recent MRI.  Speaking of consults, we're all hoping that Vivian ('Vivian B.') has a productive consult with her doctor regarding future treatment for her AN.  We'll await her 'report'.  

I look forward to the fast-approaching ANA Discussion Forum brunch at Maxwell's in Worcester, Massachusetts, on Sunday (25th).  It's a long drive for us (200-mile round trip) but worth it to see some of the folks I regularly read and correspond with on these forums.  The New England fall foliage should be beautiful and the weather will cooperate.  Apple dumplings and hugs , here we come!

Oh, and Happy Halloween to all!  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:17:17 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:50:52 am »
Rich,

Thrilled I got to personally-deliver those multiple hugglez to you yesterday (they should last you for a week or so! :D )  Hoping everyone enjoyed the brunch and looking forward to the next in April, 2010!

Brenda, mucho puggle-hugglez for Tues for your visit with the Tube o' gloom!  I have a gut feeling that all is going to be well! :)

Amy, wellness wishes to you for Wednesday! Speedy recovery to you and you know I'll be cheering you on! :)

Vivian..... what can I say? You know I've been following along very very closely and sending good vibes your way. Deep breath... deep breath... you're gonna do great. Please let us know how the appt goes.  :-*

Jo.... :) :) :)  :-*  :-*  :-*

Happy Halloween to all! For those in N. America that change clocks, don't forget to do so Saturday night!  An extra hour of treats/treat does worry me but... the bloke and I are fully stocked with fattening goodness (did the wholesale clubs shopping and trust me, I could feed an army!)  Anyone interested in playing tricks/treats on the Bloke family... come on by! Debating whether or not to dress up the Queenie Beanie so she can "paw" out treats!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
Best wishes to all! 

BTW, is it "Ladies Week" at the ANA Forum???  ;)
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:35:02 pm »
Best wishes to all! 

BTW, is it "Ladies Week" at the ANA Forum???  ;)

Maybe so. Looks like I'm in good company. as I have an ophthalmology follow-up Friday in St. Louis. Not expecting anything other than "See you in six months." Then off for my Trader Joe's fix.

Ladies . . . here's to successful procedures and uneventful follow-ups.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13