Author Topic: First Follow up after Baha surgery  (Read 2759 times)

Richey

First Follow up after Baha surgery
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:18:45 pm »
Went today for my follow up and everything looks great. They took the little sponge off and cleaned a little and put the healing cap back on and showed my wife how to do a very small bandage. Told me I'm free to shower now and just to clean with peroxide and use a little neosporin  that was included in my recovery kit and come back on the 27th for another look see. I've been very pleased so far, other than a little numbness around the spot everything is pretty much normal and I experienced very little pain throughout. Now to wait for complete healing and using the processor.
 Thanks to all who have contributed comments.

Rich

Sefra22

Re: First Follow up after Baha surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:28:29 pm »
Glad to hear things are going well! You should be able to start the New Year with your BAHA!

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

tenai98

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »
Glad to hear. I go tomorrow to have the packing takien out.  Dont know if the healing cap will be put back on.  It will be three weeks since surgery and like you Rich, everything is fine with no pain.  The half of my head is numb tho.....
Jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:02:13 pm »
Wonderful update, Richey.

Glad everything is right on track.  You'll be wearing your device in no time  ;D

I'll be interested to see if you have any itching.  My site itched like crazy for a least a week before my 90 days was up.

I had numbness for a long time, but when my BAHA surgery was done my head was still numb from my AN surgery so that might have had something to do with it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »
Good news Rich! 

Just a little warning about the peroxide - I don't know what color your hair is - but if it's not bleach blonde, be careful  - it'll bleach your hair!   :o  But hey, they say blondes have more fun - maybe you can find out!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Richey

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 09:13:54 pm »
Hey, my whole head stayed numb after gamma knife for a long time and the doctor had told me that I would have some of that with the baha surgery too.

As for the hair going blond, I have so little I started to just shave my head but what little I have is salt and pepper. Not going to worry about the small stuff.

Rich