Author Topic: Decisions, decisions..  (Read 8177 times)

Kathy M

• Kathy
Re: Decisions, decisions..
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 07:20:46 pm »
Hi Kate!

I'm late chiming in and you may be far away on a great vacation, but just want to join everyone in greeting you.  Wish you weren't here, but very glad you found us.  This kind of news is really overwhelming - the unknown is really hard.  But just know that as you explore your options, please continue to post.  Chances are, someone has been through it, done it, felt it, or avoided it and would love to share their thoughts with you.  My primary symptom was balance - my doctors just didn't pay a bit of attention to me for years and I ended up with a pretty large AN.  You've found yours early and that is terrific news!!  More options for you and that is always a good thing (although may make it tougher to come to a decision - but you'll get there just fine). 

Don't give up the ghost on your job - driving has never been a problem with me, even before surgery and my balance was at its worst.  I commute an hour and 15 minutes each way to work - doing just fine.  You may be just the same!

Hope your vacation is a good one, and I wish you all the best!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!