Author Topic: eye shields for glasses  (Read 3671 times)

Karen

eye shields for glasses
« on: September 01, 2009, 08:02:46 pm »
If anyone saw the lady with the clear sides       on her glasses at Jackie's round table  my eye doctor found where you can order the shieldsand they can fit them to your glasses to shieldd wind and keep the eye moist.  I think the site was Eagle Vision.  They are *36.00 for 8 in a package.   I am going to give them a try.  My eye doctor said she could  put them on my glasses.  If you remember the lady that had them   on you couldn't even tell.  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: eye shields for glasses
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »
Thanks, Karen.  Here's a link to the Eagle Vision website page that shows and describes the 'Moisture Panels'.   http://dryeye.org/pdf/moisteye.pdf

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »
Hi Karen,
I put this together - check out my thread called Eyewear!

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7688.0

This has worked FABULOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still use it and have had no trouble with my eye, and I have big eyeballs!
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

ombrerose4

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:14:29 pm »
Thanks for the information about the eye shields. I am 4 weeks post op and every time I go outside my dry eye becomes unbearable. Have you tried them yet and if so, how are they? I am looking to order them tomorrow so I'd appreciate any feedback about the shields.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010