Author Topic: Nashville Docs  (Read 3242 times)

nashvillewife

Nashville Docs
« on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:09 am »
Anyone have information about Dr. Haynes at Vanderbilt?  Or neurosurgeon Dr. Reid Thompson who assists with him?

Thanks!

lori67

Re: Nashville Docs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:43:42 am »
Hi Nashville wife!

Dr. Haynes is awesome!  Excellent doctor and just a nice guy.  One of the other doctors in his office did my surgery (he's since moved to Duke in NC), but you kinda get to know all the doctors there.  The office staff is really helpful and polite too.  I did not have Dr. Thompson, but I've heard good things about him as well.

I have absolutely no complaints and nothing but great things to say about all of my experiences there.  Vanderbilt is a top notch facility and I was very impressed with how all of my doctors work together and actually communicate with each other (this was a new thing for me!   :D).

I just recently moved from Nashville to Virginia Beach, but if I ever needed anything other than routine AN follow up done, I would not hesitate to get on a plane and go back to Vandy.

Lori
p.s.  Have you seen Dr. O'Malley?  He's a cutie! I wanted to set him up with Jan (leapyrtwins).   ;D
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

nashvillewife

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:10:47 pm »
Lori,

Thanks so much!  We have met with Dr. Haynes and thought he was great as well, just wanted to get another opinion through this site as everyone seems to do their research well.  We'll meet with Dr. Thompson in a few weeks. 

Funny, I think you actually spoke with my husband on the phone a week or two ago.  We greatly appreciate that you take the time to share your experiences with others newly facing an AN diagnosis!!

And I'll keep an eye out for Dr. O'Malley   :o

lori67

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 04:18:37 pm »
I was wondering if you were related!  Either that or I was going to be glad I moved out of Nashville if there's a sudden increase in AN's!

I spoke with another woman from Franklin over the summer who was going with Dr. Haynes too - if I remembered her name, you could all carpool downtown!   :D

Glad you got on the forum - it's a great place for information and support.  Feel free to give me a call or send me PM anytime.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.