Author Topic: Baptist hospital in Nashville  (Read 3342 times)

bigblue

Baptist hospital in Nashville
« on: April 24, 2005, 01:53:40 pm »
Is anyone familiar with Baptist Hospital in Nashville?  I have been diagnosed with a 1.6 left sided AN and not sure yet about useful hearing.  However, the doctors there are recommending translab.  Was just wondering if anyone had been to that hospital or the doctor's there.

brownwhite

Re: Baptist hospital in Nashville
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 03:33:35 pm »
I had surgery for an  Acoustic Neuroma in December of 1988 at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  I was told at the time only a few hospitals performed this surgery.  I believed them because one entire floor of the hospital was dedicated to patients of this surgery.  There were also many people from all over this end of the US there.
 I still communicate with a lady from New York who was there at the same time I was. The doctors were top notch.  The nurses could not have been better anywhere.
  I do not know how much this surgery has improved over the years a lot I would think.  Dr. Gary Jackson performed my surgery.  I lost complete hearing in my right ear.  I do not use a hearing aide.  I cope with it very well except when I am in crowds.  The back ground noise is very difficult for me.

I wish you well.

This is my first time to write about my surgery I have not discussed it with many people.